The 2022 Longshot Thread

First and foremost good to see you posting again, Sim. I know you were away for a while after a bereavement in your family. I hope your well now.

That day my bet was a bet in a shop and I cashed it in with two other winners on a yankee ages ago.

I don't suppose we get our extra winnings back but I have just called the BHA to ask them what the protocol is for this for punters for future reference.

I await the call off Batman and Robin with interest.

Last edited:
The Cambridgeshire isnt the type of race to be slow away in but I cant resist a Trier.
GEREMIA 80/1 CORAL
I've kept saying it needs 12f but they keep running it over 10f.
Its run at york was particularly eye catching as it was slow away and was still well in rear and being vigorously ridden but finished with a right rattle for 3rd.he done similiar at Newcastle the last twice and with Goldie has been in fine form.
Most the field seem to want 10f so it will be interesting.

Cambridgeshire - Bell Rock, 25/1, 5 places - my first serious bet in the race. Rated 109 last August and off 97 here. Close to Mujtaba (hot fav here) and Legend Of Dubai (16/1) and I'm hopeful he was just weighing them up that day :) If they put Davies up to claim off him, so much the better.

Even better, Callum Hutchinson takes the ride. His strike rate for the stable is twice as high as Davies's and he claims more :)

Last dart (for now :lol:) at the Cambs - Majestic Dawn, 28/1 (boosted), 6 places.

I can only get on with UNibet over here so can't get the 33s. The 7lbs claimer has a good strike rate and the horse has class beyond a handicapper's.

Cambridgeshire - Bell Rock, 25/1, 5 places - my first serious bet in the race. Rated 109 last August and off 97 here. Close to Mujtaba (hot fav here) and Legend Of Dubai (16/1) and I'm hopeful he was just weighing them up that day :) If they put Davies up to claim off him, so much the better.

I've joined the party late at 16/1.i backed it last time and has a better draw this year.

Last dart (for now [emoji38]) at the Cambs - Majestic Dawn, 28/1 (boosted), 6 places.

I can only get on with UNibet over here so can't get the 33s. The 7lbs claimer has a good strike rate and the horse has class beyond a handicapper's.
If you have a UK phone just turn off the WiFi and go directly to the bookmakers website rather than the App and it should work fine, online gambling is banned in Belgium and it ain't cured me [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last dart (for now :lol:) at the Cambs - Majestic Dawn, 28/1 (boosted), 6 places.

Just use a VPN Maurice.

Windscribe is free. Just turn it on. Pick a free London ip address and it should work fine for your normal bookies.

Tis what I do and did the other week when in Spain

Managed to see the race but without any sound.

It was a fairly serious bet so it more than covered me for the race. Nice to see that my very first toe-dip in the race, Caradoc, also placed.

What was the one on the far side. Backers must be cursing the draw. Looked about four lengths clear and probably safe to say would have won on the near side.

Seeing Bell Rock's jockey's reaction after the race was nice. He seemed at pains to congratulate the winner. The jockey must have thought he was on a good thing.

Just use a VPN Maurice.

Windscribe is free. Just turn it on. Pick a free London ip address and it should work fine for your normal bookies.

Tis what I do and did the other week when in Spain

I'll PM you about this when I get home, Tincan. Thanks.

Managed to see the race but without any sound.

It was a fairly serious bet so it more than covered me for the race. Nice to see that my very first toe-dip in the race, Caradoc, also placed.

What was the one on the far side. Backers must be cursing the draw. Looked about four lengths clear and probably safe to say would have won on the near side.

Seeing Bell Rock's jockey's reaction after the race was nice. He seemed at pains to congratulate the winner. The jockey must have thought he was on a good thing.

Dual Identity it was.

Saturday, Ascot 3.36 - Accidental Agent 25/1, 5 places BOG - beat Fresh and River Nymph in the Victoria Cup and is better off with both here and they're much shorter in the market. Tends to go well here too anyway. I'm not convinced he's as inconsistent as his form figures suggest.

Saturday, Ascot 3.36 - Accidental Agent 25/1, 5 places BOG - beat Fresh and River Nymph in the Victoria Cup and is better off with both here and they're much shorter in the market. Tends to go well here too anyway. I'm not convinced he's as inconsistent as his form figures suggest.

You’ll have to hope he’s in a good mood, if he’s not he won’t go.

Got waylaid last night and never got this down, and sadly the 100-1 has gone.

But the 2.25 Hexham just about still looks interesting.

So Filana Bay best 33-1 B3

The hot favorite looks easily good enough. But I wouldn't normally be looking at a Mahler or a Shantou to set a 2 mile hurdle alight. That (potentially) 'rules out' the 1st and 2nd fav.

The other Barnes runner is a Trans Island. Jockey bookings shout 2nd string (but that can be misleading). But I'm counting on this one to get us a 2 and half hurdle win at massive odds in a few races time, maybe next spring.

The Shirocco outsider is highly likely to want further.

Others don't look anything special.

So,with Filana on a tt first time, the 100 last night was just idiotic based on the overall makeup of the race. There's a good enough argument that EW at 33-1 is still worth a small interest.

Either way it goes, FB is one I think is a typical Barnes reasonable level hcap hurdler. If he can't do it this time, worth watching for in a weakish race in future.

Perhaps we could get the jockey one of the whips they use in A View To A Kill.

Yeh, whatever happened to the wee electric spikes the jockeys used to have in the palm of their hand that they could slap the horse on the neck with and make it run faster?

(Or did I just make that up???)

Back