The 2024 Longshot Thread

Yep I guess that was possible. Given the Horton yard is Newmarket-based (I think/pretty sure), and they surely want to get some prize money out of Navagio this season, plus the Haydock race is valuable enough to want to win in its own right - the fact they've gone the Haydock route suggests they will be confident enough (it was obviously always looking an easier to win race than the cavalry charge). The Lincoln run says he could win at Haydock comfortably and he seems OK away from a straight track.

JH had Is I Right entered in the following maiden, allowing the deduction that he might well go there two up. Note that Is I Right is currently 125-1 Hills and had an entry in the Goffs Million :) Clearly they might have realised he's not up to that and his purchase price suggests unlikely he would have been, but on paper nothing in this race screams out unbeatable. He'll probably turn out to be much better than shown so far at some point.

I'm going to row in with EBT's Guard at 100-1 with a few

Willie Muir's runners in big races can cause surprises. The run at Goodwood a couple back says some ability is there (Treasure Time behind, and may well have been in the first 6 in the betting if running here), EBT's will likely have no problem with the ground.

Back