The Queen Anne

I expected Rip to be a drifter on the day and in my opinion he is the type to run well fresh.

I personally think the opposite - think he will drift today but be backed tomorrow. Like you I think he is a horse that will go well fresh and will not take much to get fit.

I think the disappointing season he's having with his 3yo's is a factor in that price. Asking for 5 on the machine.

Could see him produce a run similar to his Guineas run, satisfactory but not sparkling, I appreciate they've chosen to come here fresh, but surely they'll be improvment to come.

Goldikova is the class one here,
the only negatives are draw 1 and if she refuses to enter in the stalls, if she has a clear passage I think she wins.

I think Goldoikova is very beatable -RVW would be my first choice with Ouqba as the each way alternative-could see him being the one to shorten tomorrow.

Ouqba was as fit as a butcher's dog for the Lockinge - I shall be very surprised if he is in front of Paco Boy .

Zacinto might be the fly in the ointment but he ran like a hound of the first order in that race.

I thought Ouqba was ridden with another day in mind at Newbury.There are reasons why the first 3 could be beaten-if that happens I would have Ouqba as best of the rest.

I really want to lay Goldikova but think she will be heavily punted tomorrow and could be sub 2.5 to lay on the machine. Curretly Ladbrokes are top price @ 7/4 which will be smashed into tomorrow. In fact the betting markets are ultra competitive tomorrow . I really fancy taking 9/4 Canford Cliffs with Willian Hill.

Rip Van Winkle should push Goldikova all the way. Rip has the value but I think Goldikova can see him off

Not worried about the lack of market confidence?

I agree - cliche but Dalghar could be anything, and probably the each way bet if 1 of the top 3 don't perform.

Possibly from Cat Junior Hamm - he led when he took the Group 3 in Dubai though there's no obvious front runner in the race.

Back