The Road to the 2012 King George

henessy winners and gold cup winners can clearly win the KG although its a flat sharp track the fences at kempton are stiff and there is always or nearly always a good pace in the KG so any horse that wins needs to have the stamina for three miles in lower class races non stayers have a chance of lasting 3 miles

Bobs worth clearly dosnt act right handed its doubtful whatever happens in the hennessy he will be aimed at the KG and he will be beatable if he does go for it

Utter mince, Tanlic. :)

Bobs Worth had the speed to easily beat Sire De Grugy in a Kempton 2m hurdle, and Rock On Ruby in a 20f hurdle in his novice season. Anyone trying to paint him as some flat-footed Hussard Collonges type either doesn't know how to read the form-book, or hasn't bothered looking in the first-place.

And going back to my original point, the notion that 'speedsters' do well in the King George, appears to be somewhat baseless anyway.

PS. Thanks SC :cool:
Mince your hairy ar$e Grassy......have you even watched the horse run? Lots of young horse win novice hurdles because they mature quicker than others it doesn't mean they are particularly fast

At Ascot they went no pace and when Alfie Spinner quickened 4 out Invictus and Silviano Conte followed him immediately while Bobsworth came under immediate pressure and fell back last of the 4 and was struggling to go the pace which forced him to make an error. He ran on all too late to take second. It was a very similar case only worse at Kempton when he was left for dead by Grands Crus and against Cue Card he never got up until the very last stride and only because Tizzard made a balls of it. He's not slow when he gest going but he can't handle sudden injections in pace very well.

In the King George you need bags of speed from about 5 out as more often than not the pace suddenly quickens and that would not suit Bobs Worth at all...... He could go Hennessy, Lexus, Aon and then to Cheltenham if all goes well but the chances of going to Kempton must be remote.

I think he's one to take on at evens possibly. I think he's a bet in the King George but he struggled a bit first time out last year, For Non Stop has a fitness edge in all probability and Captain Chris gets a nice chunk of weight.

If the ground was a touch better I'd really fancy Captain Chris tomorrow. Still, right handed and receiving weight all round I reckon he's worth one last chance.

Last edited:
Captain Chris won't like the ground, and For Non Stop is 7lb wrong plus however much he was overrated for his lto win. Nicky H is much happier with Finian's Rainbow than at the same stage last season, and it really should be a stroll in the park.
Evens looks mighty generous, to me.

Last edited:
Too true Reet when I saw the betting my first thought was is it must be giving them 2 stone ;) Anything can happen when the ground is dodgy but all being well he should take this easily

It's the right price considering first run and weight he gives away. It would be an excellent seasonal debut to win in these race conditions.

I agree. I do like Captain Chris on this track getting weight though so I've doubled him with Silviniaco Conti who just jumps better than Long Run. Especially on ground with plenty of give in it.

It was Luke.

FR hated the ground, hopefully this won't leave any lasting damage. Barry was quick in accepting defeat.

Liked the way For Non Stop battled on. He also didn't appreciate the ground.

Captain Chris jumped really well in the main. 10/1 for the King George isn't great though.

Back