The UK Political Landscape

Fair enough, Reet, but which is more important? Could you imagine rejoining the EU in order to avert a breakup of the UK?

Not really,Grey; reckon the current vote would be more against the EU than it was last time.
The waters have ben muddied by the fortunes spent fighting the virus,but just one country knocked the vaccine out at cost, and it's that kind of will which'll prevail in the longer term,imo.
I'm no lover of tribalism, but, as a country, we've been on the ropes before, and usually emerged in one piece

Not really,Grey; reckon the current vote would be more against the EU than it was last time.

Every poll taken since November 2017 shows a lead (one that continues to widen) in favour of EU membership. I'm sorry, reet, but this is dream-catcher nonsense.

Last edited:
David Cameron depended on the polls when he called the first referendum. Some were more prescient! :lol:

Last edited:
I see the headline in this weeks Spectator asks if "Partygate" is a "Remoaner" plot:D. It seems that the bigger the mess Brexit becomes, and the more people realise they`ve been had, then the greater the cry goes out to blame it all on the people who voted sensibly. I wait to see how, if ever, we get out of this mess!

I see the headline in this weeks Spectator asks if "Partygate" is a "Remoaner" plot:D. It seems that the bigger the mess Brexit becomes, and the more people realise they`ve been had, then the greater the cry goes out to blame it all on the people who voted sensibly. I wait to see how, if ever, we get out of this mess!

You’re free to name a Brexit benefit too, reet - if you can think of one that will educate us.

And FWIW, the ‘sensibles’ didn’t “screw up”…..they were out-voted by half-wits.

Last edited:
Your life and your choice, reet.

I just find it desperately sad (not amusing, just sad) that anyone would promote this sort of thing as a benefit, whilst simultaneously getting butt-fu*cked by the people that told you it was for your own good.

It’s hard to be humble when it’s all been stripped away from you, Colm. I try my best, but sometimes it’s hard to just grin and bear it - no matter how much wine you’ve had.

Given that Johnson is now a proven liar and he was the one that swayed the leave vote, might there be a slight chance that he was lying about the benefits of leaving the EU? Cheaper energy for one thing….going to scrap VAT on that they were. But just voted against it in parliament.

The leave voters knew Johnson was a liar when voting. They were happy to be lied to.

Better to have the rich take their money than distribute it to the poorer.

The leave voters knew Johnson was a liar when voting. They were happy to be lied to.

I'm not sure they did or were, to be fair. At least that's what I prefer to think, otherwise the ones who did know and were happy to be lied to are even bigger fvckwits than I thought.

Better to have the rich take their money than distribute it to the poorer.

Not convinced this would have been a conscious decision but it's generally how things work.

I'm not sure they did or were, to be fair. At least that's what I prefer to think, otherwise the ones who did know and were happy to be lied to are even bigger fvckwits than I thought.

Not convinced this would have been a conscious decision but it's generally how things work.

"We were lied to" absolves any blame of the Brexit voter, when even any scrutiny at all of the claims would have shown them to be nonsense.

Probably the most entertaining aspect of the Brexit process has been the complaints at the amount of extra red tape that was required post Brexit to deal with the single market. It was as if being part of the EU spared you this red tape.

The Brexit impulse stems from the same vein of British society as Boris Johnson. We should be allowed to do what we do unfettered. Every law that forces us to consider the consequences of our actions is negotiable. No responsibility other than that of enriching ourselves. Leave the little people worry about the consequences. Doesn't matter.

Given that Johnson is now a proven liar and he was the one that swayed the leave vote, might there be a slight chance that he was lying about the benefits of leaving the EU? Cheaper energy for one thing….going to scrap VAT on that they were. But just voted against it in parliament.

Just to comment on "he was the one that swayed the leave vote" - this is debatable when you have JC up for that 'award'

Last edited:
I hold Corbyn responsible for many things, mainly for not providing the country with a strong opposition party because of his leadership. But his sit on the fence attitude during the referendum campaign didn’t win it for leave. Johnson and Farage were responsible for that. Farage by using the racist card and Johnson by lying about pretty much everything.

tCorbyn apparently voted 'leave', then spent the last 6 months of his tenure trying to thwart it.
Lemon

Back