TV coverage

I know we (and me more than most) like to give out about the coverage, but Ruby on RTÈ yesterday was absolutely superb. He is streets ahead of any other ex jockey on TV

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

I've got yesterday's recording on in the background.

I meant yesterday to mention Ed Chamberlin's lazy arrogance after the interview with John Gosden following Strad's win.

Discussing future plans, Gosden clearly goes to some lengths to pronounce 'Foy' correctly (ie "Fwa") but as soon as they come back to Chamberlin he pronounces it 'foy' (to rhyme with 'boy'). More disappointingly, Cumani, the article on whom in the RP at the weekend referred to her as a linguist, didn't correct him.

It's just typical of the programme in general. Cumani at least tries to get pronunciations correct but the rest just don't give one.

Cumani certainly tries to get French, German and Italian pronunciations correct but she's not so careful with Irish ones. She gets the name of the champion jockey wrong every time, as do most of her colleagues (hint: it doesn't rhyme with 'machine').

I have a brainwave suggestion for them. Why not get one of them to ask the man himself how he pronounces it and then share that precious knowledge with the rest of the team.

Cumani certainly tries to get French, German and Italian pronunciations correct but she's not so careful with Irish ones. She gets the name of the champion jockey wrong every time, as do most of her colleagues (hint: it doesn't rhyme with 'machine').

I have a brainwave suggestion for them. Why not get one of them to ask the man himself how he pronounces it and then share that precious knowledge with the rest of the team.

Yep. Been saying as much for long enough.

I get annoyed when they don't try to get Irish names right (or Arab ones, for that matter).

Pure laziness.

Even yesterday Hoiles repeatedly called "Cur De Lie-on".

Fuckin first-year French.

:mad:

Last edited:
Hoiles is usually good but makes a total horlicks of Eiji, as in Prince Eiji. It's a japanese name, simply pronounced phonetically as A G. It rhymes with Meiji, as in the Meiji period.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it irritating Ed Chamberlin’s constant blathering about what a shame it is there are no crowds very irritating

Of course it’s a shame and we’d all love things to be back to normal but we don’t need a constant reminder. Let’s be thankful there’s some racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does anyone else find it irritating Ed Chamberlin’s constant blathering about what a shame it is there are no crowds very irritating

Of course it’s a shame and we’d all love things to be back to normal but we don’t need a constant reminder. Let’s be thankful there’s some racing

His constant blathering about everything annoys me. Enthusiasm only takes you so far in this world. it already takes him too far.

The thing that annoys me most about him recently was when he described racing fans dislike of the scotch egg recipe they showed as being 'hilarious'.

Just shows the level of contempt he has for his core viewer.

I like Ed Chamberlain but I’m dying to pull that stray tooth of his out. I can’t stop focusing on it when he’s talking.

Hayley Turner..last linked romantically to Ollie Bell is now going out with Nick Scholfield...ffs

Last edited:
Before she married Richard Quinn for about 6 minutes! Where is he these days just out of interest? Never forget him taking Millenary back down the track to the stricken Persian Punch at Ascot :(

Richard Hannon, Richard Hughes, Richard Quinn... is it possible these wimmen are misinterpreting when people refer to these guys as 'Big Dick'?

The gas thing is that it makes no difference to racing as a TV product. Or at least very little difference compared to other sports.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Also gets on my goat when he starts mithering about races running late. I know he's probably got someone in his ear, fretting about times, but they ain't always going to behave down at the start for Ed's convenience.

Also gets on my goat when he starts mithering about races running late. I know he's probably got someone in his ear, fretting about times, but they ain't always going to behave down at the start for Ed's convenience.

Jockeys strolling down when it's past off time does my nut in. They know when they should be down at the start.

Jockeys strolling down when it's past off time does my nut in. They know when they should be down at the start.

Does my nut in too but they wouldn't do it if they were disciplined for being late. Far too much slackness in that regard among officials.

Back