TV coverage

Maybe not all but I can access a lot via the SL site (might need a Skybet account, though).

Also for courses owned by the Jockey Club you can access their replays for free:

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/

Copied and pasted from a doc I keep on my desktop:

Jockey Club (ie videos at JC site)

Aintree
Carlisle
Cheltenham
Epsom
Exeter
Haydock Park
Huntingdon
Kempton Park
Market Rasen
Newmarket July
Newmarket Rowley
Nottingham
Sandown Park
Warwick
Wincanton

RUK
Aintree; Ayr; Bangor-On-Dee; Beverly; Carlisle; Cartmel; Catterick Bridge; Cheltenham; Chester; Doncaster; Epsom Downs; Goodwood; Hamilton; Haydock Park; Huntingdon; Kempton Park; Ludlow; Market Rasen; Musselburgh; Nottingham; Newbury; Newmarket; Pontefract; Redcar; Salisbury; Sandown; Thirsk; Warwick; Wetherby; Wincanton; York

The rest are ATR tracks.

Those with Betfair accounts can have video replays from all RUK and ATR tracks for any runners in races for which they have markets up.

Click on the arrowhead to the left of a runner's name to get outline details of its previous runs and then click on the orange pointer in the right hand column to get the video.

Maybe not all but I can access a lot via the SL site (might need a Skybet account, though).

Also for courses owned by the Jockey Club you can access their replays for free:

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/

Copied and pasted from a doc I keep on my desktop:

Jockey Club (ie videos at JC site)

Aintree
Carlisle
Cheltenham
Epsom
Exeter
Haydock Park
Huntingdon
Kempton Park
Market Rasen
Newmarket July
Newmarket Rowley
Nottingham
Sandown Park
Warwick
Wincanton

RUK
Aintree; Ayr; Bangor-On-Dee; Beverly; Carlisle; Cartmel; Catterick Bridge; Cheltenham; Chester; Doncaster; Epsom Downs; Goodwood; Hamilton; Haydock Park; Huntingdon; Kempton Park; Ludlow; Market Rasen; Musselburgh; Nottingham; Newbury; Newmarket; Pontefract; Redcar; Salisbury; Sandown; Thirsk; Warwick; Wetherby; Wincanton; York

The rest are ATR tracks.

That list is a bit out of date, this is the current RUK line up

The list of the racecourses that are contracted to RUK are:

Not overly sure what McCoy is contributing to coverage today. Jason way more insight from a Flat perspective.

Harvey and Fitzgerald discussing 2-y-os ??

Who thought the idea of interviewing the sponsor of the Group 1 2-y-o race (who just happens to own Laurens) just as the horses were being loaded was a good one. I didn't see the horse that ran second at all in the build-up!

For a long time now the people in charge of these programmes have shown they have no more than a passing interest in the sport itself. Their focus is on turning the programme into an extension of social media.

Everything is wham bam thank you ma'am when it should be a long-term deep relationship with the viewers.

If you can find a way (there are a few options) the SIS feed cuts out all pesky hosts

The drawback is split screen racing on occasion

I really hope this RUK deal doesn't set Irish racing back

Is Gary O'Brien confirmed for RUK btw?

Least said about her the better......ITV’s idea of paddock-watching and mine differ somewhat.

When will racing broadcasters realise that what serious followers of the sport want from them pre-race is a view of the horses, everything else is available on-line.

Last edited:
I’m confused - I thought everyone who professed to be “serious” only ever watched racing uk or atr?

I like ITV - I think they’ve got it right 80% of the time. There are bits I could do without, but that’s the same for any sport show ( or most things !)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troods, I don’t think ATR or RUK get it right either and I got so fed up with RUK’s coverage that I cancelled my subscription. If it was free I wouldn’t be happy with having their coverage being powered by a bookmaker so I ain’t paying 20+ quid a month for it.

To be honest I watch less and less racing mainly due to the television coverage.

Luck on Sunday is my kind of programme.
The guests have time to speak, articulate what they mean and get their point across.
Mightily impressed by Peter Scudamore today, the Oxo to Arthur book is a must buy for me.
That they repeat in mid week is even better.

Luck on Sunday is my kind of programme.
The guests have time to speak, articulate what they mean and get their point across.
Mightily impressed by Peter Scudamore today, the Oxo to Arthur book is a must buy for me.
That they repeat in mid week is even better.

This is all the rage on YouTube now Eddie. The long format is what people want. Hearing Neil Channing speak about pro punting and the downsides to it for a half hour was an eye opener for many people.

It does make me wonder though why an capall can't listen yo me for more than 5 minutes....

DO, I would think the vast majority of serious racing followers have got on-line access, don’t you!

I think maybe it depends on how you define 'serious', Colin.

My brother is probably more into racing than I am and watches a lot more racing than I do (whereas I study the form a lot more) and although he has internet access he doesn't have a single online account. All his betting is done in local bookies and it would be rare for him even to take a price.

I reckon online access for me is more of a convenience than a necessity.

Would you consider me a serious racing follower?

Back