Unexposed types to watch.

A whole raft of runners today:

WHIPLASH WILLIE (Shadow Leader) Haydock 2.00

SING SOFTLY (Krizon) Curragh 3.10

YAIR HILL (Shadow Leader) York 4.50

GLAEDHRADH (Gearoid) Curragh 5.20

Gearoid's GLEADHRADH (I almost got that right without checking!!) managed fourth place and a welcome return, and I thought Shads' YAIR HILL was travelling like the winner a furlong out but didn't pick up as we would have liked.

We are in desperate need of a winner at a fancy price!

I hope Bar doesn't tot up the profit:lol::lol::lol: and loss on this thread.

Yes, and there's more than enough of that, young man! I thought we were flagging these nags up as possibly decent types, not just more bleedin' betting fodder!

Yours Disgusted
Brighton

Smashing little 2 y.o. filly, BUBBLY BALLERINA, by FOOTSTEPSINTHESAND, trained by Alan Bailey and owned by the 500-strong Champagne Club, who were out in force on Thursday at Brighton to see her beat her sole rival in the 5f sprint. Her form is 231 now and while she is really as light as a feather, she is all sinew and heart. The wind was at least 36 mph crossways and yet she didn't become unbalanced once. She was totally focussed on her racing and came back looking as calm and relaxed as she went out - which is saying something for a redhead! She has an aura of professionalism about her which doesn't show too often with babies. She was collected in the parade ring and ran like a seasoned campaigner. The Club plans to aim her considerably higher than Brighton-level fare and there's no reason why this very pretty little filly won't take them there.

They were a charming group of around 20 who genuinely love their horses and racing. All their horses have the prefix 'Bubbly', as in Bellini, Braveheart, and Bounty. Although they do get sold on, as I see Bellini's now working in Ireland.

(Did I detect a distant sigh, and a muttered "Wish I'd never thought of this lark. It's like a blasted full-time job"?)

Not at all, my concern is that the ones that have been put haven't delivered what I had hoped they would.

The Swedish Chef seems to be the only one of us who can sniff out a winner.

Good thread but is getting a bit misleading - for example, I'm not sure whether GS would say Barbican is still unexposed and one to watch..

Well, some of us are giving you young horses, Colin, who hopefully have all of this season and next ahead of them to build on promising starts.

Agree to some extent, Hamm.

I had hoped that posters would update after each run.

I can understand a reluctance when one of yours has run a stinker but we're all friends here aren't we?:whistle:

Interest seems to have waned in direct relation to the lack of success.

Agree to some extent, Hamm.

I had hoped that posters would update after each run.

I can understand a reluctance when one of yours has run a stinker but we're all friends here aren't we?:whistle:

Interest seems to have waned in direct relation to the lack of success.

I try to update before they run but couldn't find any info about V.P. on the trainers website but this horse has been well documented since his birth and didn't have time to go over the thread to find the original post.

One that I put up is running today.

SLUGGSY MORANT Leicester 2.40

I was impressed with the way this one travelled throughout when winning at Salisbury earlier this month. He looked a class or two above his opponents that day. He has gone up five for that but is still racing off only 76. I think he will have an OR about a stone higher than that by the end of the season.

Course ground and trip all look fine today, Dane O'Neill takes the ride again and 15/8 is available with Boylesports.

I'll be surprised and even more disappointed if he doesn't win today.

Isle Of Gold, which runs tonight in the 19.30 maiden hurdle at Ballinrobe, is one to keep an eye on. He won two points and twice got RPRs in the 90s, which is very decent for younger horses in that sphere. His last run in a point, at Rockfield last November, saw him beat some useful horses, including Viking Splash (subsequently a 10l winner of a hunter chase at Gowran), The Flying Pencil (winner of a point next time out, for which he was given an RPR of 100), and Golden Call (has since won a point, and a bumper at Tipperary).

Isle Of Gold's next run was in a Gowran bumper later that month in which he led for part of the race and was said to have shown a fair bit of promise. He reappeared last week at Sligo. There wasn't a penny for him beforehand and he was given a very quiet introduction to hurdling, running on late from well out the back, having never been put into the race.

He should be able to pick up a maiden hurdle in the next month or two, maybe even tonight if the market gives any hint, before going over fences.

Another ugly performance by a horse put up by me on this thread. SLUGGSY MALONE really well supported giving the impression that all he had to do was go down and come back. Didn't happen. It is tempting to point the finger at the change in going, we might find out later in the season.

Very surprised and VERY disappointed.:(:(:(

I thought you would be, Colsy - well, on the bright side, you got 50% of it right. He did go down...

Surprising performance, as you say. Might be some reason that'll be revealed, but it was a sluggish run.

Isle Of Gold, which runs tonight in the 19.30 maiden hurdle at Ballinrobe, is one to keep an eye on. He won two points and twice got RPRs in the 90s, which is very decent for younger horses in that sphere. His last run in a point, at Rockfield last November, saw him beat some useful horses, including Viking Splash (subsequently a 10l winner of a hunter chase at Gowran), The Flying Pencil (winner of a point next time out, for which he was given an RPR of 100), and Golden Call (has since won a point, and a bumper at Tipperary).

Isle Of Gold's next run was in a Gowran bumper later that month in which he led for part of the race and was said to have shown a fair bit of promise. He reappeared last week at Sligo. There wasn't a penny for him beforehand and he was given a very quiet introduction to hurdling, running on late from well out the back, having never been put into the race.

He should be able to pick up a maiden hurdle in the next month or two, maybe even tonight if the market gives any hint, before going over fences.

Just ran an almost identical race to his Sligo effort, running on past beaten horses. He did look short of pace, though.

Back