What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chosen One is trained by Ruth Carr and the race is named after her Grandads famous h'capper Chaplin's Club. Ruth would have been learning her trade at the yard when this horse was running before she took over the reigns from her grandad David Chapman. This is only her second runner in this race which must hold some sentimental value, Chosen One was 3rd last year and is off a 4lb lower mark this time around.

I very nearly bought this SC. The club not the horse. When funds were much better. Then followed the horse for a load of winning races

I followed it as well after about his 3rd win Roddy and I think it won 10-11 races that season and from memory I don't remember it going off odds-on in any of the races it won. It seemed to be running twice a week as well. Great season for the horse and they retired him on a win a couple of seasons later I think.

Have only glanced over the form for Sligo but I can see WP Mullins having possibly 3/4 winners there this evening. Stable is in form and he wouldn't be travelling a long way west for the scenery!

Have only glanced over the form for Sligo but I can see WP Mullins having possibly 3/4 winners there this evening. Stable is in form and he wouldn't be travelling a long way west for the scenery!

I think you could well be right trefflich, I've just gone over the jumps results of this 2 day meeting for the last 5 years and Willie Mullins has only sent two runners to the meeting in that time. Both won at 9/4f by 12L & 2/1f BY 18L - think I'll join you on this one.

I'm having a go at Seattle Drive at Haydock this afternoon. He's well-in on his early two-year-old form and his most recent run at Ascot was encouraging, suggesting he might be on his way back.

Looks a fiendish punting card at Leopardstown tonight.

In the fillies handicap I'm not entirely sure many of them will prove suited to the trip (I would be pretty sweet on Dotada over 7f and Strandfield Lady over 10f). I've had a speculative punt on Blackwitch Woman at 20's in the hope that she may get an easy lead from a plum draw.

I have backed sister steve in the 6.40 at Sligo and then at leop Bangalore prince, well overpriced, forget the last run, sumostars in the 7.25 and king of Arab later on. Individual bets and ew lucky 15

Not too much of interest. Have backed Burj Nahar 2.15 and La Zamora 3.55 (ew singles and double).

In the opener, Acapulco Gold looks interesting. Form from the French provinces tends to pass under the radar, but his looks decent, and he sold for 85k last November. Bet365's 20/1 (they are going one quarter the odds for a place) looks very fair.

I fancied this fellow in a maiden hurdle at Galway which turned out to be much too hot, but I'm going to give him another chance tonight in an easier looking race at Ballinrobe. The 12/1 with Bet365 has just gone, but 10s might still be interesting.

Psycho has been a nightmare for me over the years, and backing Tony Martin drifters probably isn't clever, but he has to be worth a bet at nearly 9/4.

Delighted with Lady Wingshot at 5/4 this morning. Gearoid's stable seem to be making the price. Is he holding out on us??????:ninja:

Ahimsa was the stable choice to beat Maybe first time out. Lines through After and Fire Lily put her in the same region as Lady Wingshot, a couple of pounds behind. Given the price difference I'd much prefer to be on the O'Brien filly.

Ahimsa was the stable choice to beat Maybe first time out. Lines through After and Fire Lily put her in the same region as Lady Wingshot, a couple of pounds behind. Given the price difference I'd much prefer to be on the O'Brien filly.

Very interesting Melendez - on further inspection I may see what way the market moves - I know they think the world of LW and the owners are extremely anxious to get the bracket for her asap.

Bulbul is very short for a Prendergast newcomer against two fillies (three if you count Jessie's) with form in the book.

She must be showing a fair bit at home. Any time I see them shorten a first timer, I take note. La Collina, Dunboyne Express and Obligada come to mind.

I will be watching the market like a hawk.

Itching to have a bet in this race - I don't like O'Briens after a three month lay off. Am afraid of Bulbul and Gearoid's absence isnt helping this. Lady Wingshot will more than likely drift now which is the only consolation.

Much was made of Side Glance's troubled passage lto, but to my eyes Fanunalter both travelled and quickened better. No surprise to see the form confirmed on 3lb worse terms, despite the betting suggesting otherwise.

The local 4 day festival at Tramore starts tonight.It's easy to criticize but the amount of favourites that won at the meeting last year was unreal.
Local knowledge counts for a lot at the track-which horses act on the track,which owners and trainers really want to win.

Only bet on the card for me is Warwickshire in the finale Luke - don't know a heck of a lot about the form of the debut but possible that the horse didn't handle the soft ground having been well backed in the morning, trainer has a good strike rate with his bumper horses and Westerner is a sire really going places with his early runners according to some top judges. The favourite has had enough attempts at getting off the mark for me though is obviously a worthy fav on the back of his run at Galway whilst with any other trainer Passage Vendome would be a 50/1 shot for this.

I backed Fear Glic LTO and was disappointed with the way he ran but he ultimately needs to improve from that to be concerned here whilst the rest don't look up to much on what we've seen thus far.

4/1 looks a fair bet about Warwickshire.

Martin

Much was made of Side Glance's troubled passage lto, but to my eyes Fanunalter both travelled and quickened better. No surprise to see the form confirmed on 3lb worse terms, despite the betting suggesting otherwise.

I've combined the 3 Godolphin horse here in f/c's but I do agree about Fanunalter holding Side Glance.

Tawaagg is my nap of the night at Tramore-I would make him an 11/10 shot.Willie Mullins is a director at the course and I think he is a stone cold certainty.
If he loses Winston Churchill is the one to repair the damage-Henry trains close by and winners at this track are important to the stable.
The others I would keep an eye on are Blueker in the first who is locally owned 4/1 guaranteed is a fair price but you never know in juvenille hurdles.
Carleton Place is a decent back to lay in the 655-I would expect him to be close to even money by the halfway stage.

Tawaagg is my nap of the night at Tramore-I would make him an 11/10 shot.Willie Mullins is a director at the course and I think he is a stone cold certainty.
If he loses Winston Churchill is the one to repair the damage-Henry trains close by and winners at this track are important to the stable.
The others I would keep an eye on are Blueker in the first who is locally owned 4/1 guaranteed is a fair price but you never know in juvenille hurdles.
Carleton Place is a decent back to lay in the 655-I would expect him to be close to even money by the halfway stage.

From HDB when asked to nominate one on facebook......Hopefully Carleton Place has a good chance now tomorrow. He won the race last year, off a higher mark tomorrow but he's a better horse so fingers crossed. Having said that we hope they all go their with their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back