What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done. Ahimsa was a bit unlucky but no more than that, and the result had to stand.

Only bet on the card for me is Warwickshire in the finale Luke - don't know a heck of a lot about the form of the debut but possible that the horse didn't handle the soft ground having been well backed in the morning, trainer has a good strike rate with his bumper horses and Westerner is a sire really going places with his early runners according to some top judges. The favourite has had enough attempts at getting off the mark for me though is obviously a worthy fav on the back of his run at Galway whilst with any other trainer Passage Vendome would be a 50/1 shot for this.

I backed Fear Glic LTO and was disappointed with the way he ran but he ultimately needs to improve from that to be concerned here whilst the rest don't look up to much on what we've seen thus far.

4/1 looks a fair bet about Warwickshire.

Martin

Hard luck, sir, I thought you had it.

I don't know about backing any in these, but I'd really like to see the 2 maidens opening the card at Newbury today .... but I can't.
Some of you fellas can, tho - lucky some are!

I went all in twice-first time was Mannheim at 1.8 and 1.22 in running.Second time was Banyan Tree at 1/2-in hindsight I was lucky to get away with that one.
The novice chase at Tramore could have made it an incredible night-at that stage I was betting like a madman.Had 3 bets in the race a lay of fav at 2.06 -a decent bet on Winston at 5.2 which I laid off at 2.12 relatively early on in the race and a throwaway tenner on the 2nd at 25/1.I don't know how the fav managed to win the race.
I also went all in laying Jolie Jiocondo.
I'd say you know better then most that when you get a head of steam it can take on a life of it's own.I didn't sleep a wink last night -not one second -I was up at 530 this morning watching history channel documentaries.
I'm fairly cream crackered at the moment.

I went all in twice-first time was Mannheim at 1.8 and 1.22 in running.Second time was Banyan Tree at 1/2-in hindsight I was lucky to get away with that one.
The novice chase at Tramore could have made it an incredible night-at that stage I was betting like a madman.Had 3 bets in the race a lay of fav at 2.06 -a decent bet on Winston at 5.2 which I laid off at 2.12 relatively early on in the race and a throwaway tenner on the 2nd at 25/1.I don't know how the fav managed to win the race.
I'd say you know better then most that when you get a head of steam it can take on a life of it's own.I didn't sleep a wink last night -not one second -I was up at 530 this morning watching history channel documentaries.

Stop rolling the moon dice Luke and enjoy the money for a while!!!! :blink:

Mind you, i'm having my best year ever and when you hit a streak its difficult to know when to stop!!

I don't know about backing any in these, but I'd really like to see the 2 maidens opening the card at Newbury today .... but I can't.
Some of you fellas can, tho - lucky some are!

The Varian horse in the first is supposedly a monster and i got a text telling me to back the Amanda Perrett horse in the 2.00. Wont be getting involved either way I wouldnt think.

Aragorn-off on holidays for 3 nights on Sunday-no Internet access or Racing Post.Thats my idea of a break.

Aragorn-off on holidays for 3 nights on Sunday-no Internet access or Racing Post.Thats my idea of a break.

You will be selling your body for a racing post come monday morning, as if its a rock of crack....

Sleep is for wimps!!!

I reckon the two deadliest things that can happen to a punter are a raging hangover and serious lack of sleep.
The two of them combine for that Midlands National at Uttoxeter 5 o clock effect when you have seen a brilliant festival week wiped out by sheer stupidity and you are frantically looking for a bet to get out of trouble.
I've been there.

Full admiration. I just haven't been able to get going this Flat season. I think I've had no more than ten wagers since the start of July.

We will not be disheartened by last nights mugging - so another bet at the lovely, picturesque Waterford venue of Tramore tonight.

20:25 - Kizzy O. Horses coming back off a lay-off aren't everyones cup of tea but this mare interests me greatly in this, she was a course placer at the track in June 2010 in an Open Handicap (this is restricted to Mares only) off a pound lower mark and has run just once since when midfield at Downpatrick in mid-July. Brian O'Connell rode her on that occassion but she's reunited with Tom Doyle who rode her to that Tramore placed effort last June for tonights outing and with just the three course winners (Mountain Heather in April 2009, Lea Lady in October 2010 and Coolharbour Breeze in June 2011) in the race I'm hoping that Kizzy O can put her course experience to good use tonight.

I'll be having an E/W bet at the generally available 12/1

Martin

The Varian horse in the first is supposedly a monster and i got a text telling me to back the Amanda Perrett horse in the 2.00. Wont be getting involved either way I wouldnt think.

Thanks to you and the texter(ess) -e/w on Blank Czech @ 14/1 not bad. :)

I reckon the two deadliest things that can happen to a punter are a raging hangover and serious lack of sleep.
The two of them combine for that Midlands National at Uttoxeter 5 o clock effect when you have seen a brilliant festival week wiped out by sheer stupidity and you are frantically looking for a bet to get out of trouble.
I've been there.

i know this feeling very well! the betting on a hangover has to be a no go, but the problem is when youve been waiting for one & its running on the day your hanging out your ar*se

My last hangover was when I can't remember.
Drink enough water that you think you'll get hydro-whatsit, then go to bed.
Sure you'll be up in the early hours, but only for a pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back