What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rifle Shot (Worc 3.20) has little enough to beat and his 3rd place last time out looks good form in the context of this race. The 4th, 5th and 6th in that race all ran well on their next outings. The odds of 10/1 in some places are tempting.

Perhaps even too tempting?

Just watched the replay of the 3.10. A total carve up. Only the first two were off and one set it up for the other. Disgraceful.

Haven't seen Main Sequence's effort (or lack thereof) yet.

Win or e/way depending on odds.

Chepstow
2.30 Burnham
Trainer says, “She won a h’cap at Windsor last year over 1m2f but has subsequently run well without success over further, so I may drop her back next time. She is a fun horse who has found her level and will surely win again.”

4.00 Mandys Boy Not in the stable tours but given as a winner without a penalty by Kieran Fallon as the horse never got a clear run in his last two races

4.30 Secret Rebel – Interesting Hannon has two runners in the race but Richard Hughes riding this for Sylvester Kirk

Windsor
6.40 Hiking “She is by First Defence, whose first crop resulted in 18 winners including Dundonnell, and her dam is a half-sister to Tantina, the dam of City Scape and Bated Breath. Her half-sister Top Trail has been disappointing, but she is going well and looks more talented.”

7.10 Star Pearl - not in the tours but gave the very well fancied Odeliz a winner from the stable tours one hell of a race L/T/O

7.40 OGBOURNE DOWNS 14/1 £2 e/way

Trainer says, "Very backward last year but it wasn't a surprise when he won at 33/1 as he's been working well with MARKET TOWN, we'll probably go for a h'cap next." Ran in a h'cap but was PU and dismounted quickly as if something was wrong. If all is ok and we can still believe he's working well with Market Town the he should **** this. So worth a speculative small e/way possible value bet.

8.10 Robot Boy trainer says, "He was always going to be a better 3yo and we will find a proper flat track for him as I still retain plenty of faith in him.”

8.40 GAELIC ICE £3 e/way
4 b f Iceman - Gaelic Lime.
Maiden with ability, moved from seven furlongs to 10 furlongs latest of five runs and second in handicaps off 58 and finished eight lengths seventh of 13 to Sehnsucht at Leicester May 27.
"She caught every bug going when she came last season and I couldn't get her right. After running well in a maiden she sprained a joint then came back this season and ran well in a ladies race at Salisbury so we quietly fancied her at Leicester last time but we should have made more use of her. I think the straighter mile at Salisbury will suit her better although she should stay 10 furlongs. She'll win a little race."

9.10 Yul Finegold £2 e/way – in the stable tours as the apple of the trainers eye but I noted l/t/o he was a big old one-paced galloper who should go over hurdles, but this drop in grade and up in trip may suit and a bit of rain may help.

Last edited:
Iceblast tonight in the last for Thirsk. I'm sticking with my theory on Mick Easterby wanting to win the last race of the day. Last won at Thirsk off 72 (plus 3lb claimer on) over 6f on third run back from a break. Had a long break then had one run at beginning of April. Then two runs in May over 7f and 8f. Now dropped back to 6f and runs tonight off just 55. Paul Mulrennan on board looks a decent booking and looks half decent each way value but hoping I've caught this one at the right time for the win.

On the Mick Easterby theme, he has another itneresting runner Unex Michelangelo. Won for John Gosden over 7f and then campaigned in class 2's without looking like troubling the judge. Gone to Easterby's yard and then continued to campaign over bigger distances. Dropped to 7f for first time since win and first time in class 4 off 74. Blades Lad who he beat a few lengths in his maiden campaigns around late 60's early 70's creditably so maybe this rating more realistic along with the distance. Bit of a hit and hope but a few pointers suggest its worth a punt to me.

Third one for the each way patent is Glenridding. Front running 3rd over c&d off this mark two runs ago. Has won over c&D off 68 so 9lb lower and last run suggests maybe running to form. Been withdrawn a few times due to ground so put back on all weather today. Drawn 5 so front running tactics may well come off from there although Bertie Blu Boy, Whipp Hound and Marshall Art also can front run and are all drawn inside. BBB has never won back from a break though, Whipphound has never won over 7f and Marshall Art has only won at Southwell over 6f (although running creditably a lot of times so may be starting to look well handicapped and could pop up soon)

Frankie travels to Windsor tonight, probably to win on Gregorian (7.10).
The horse is well regarded by his stable, the jockey is 2/4 for them this season, and the money is coming in already.

Thirsk 7.50
Just cannot get away from Enchanted Garden/Zarosa. That could be the rev exata there! They'll both like the ground. My preference though is for a good sized place only bet on Zarosa.
All trades so far between 1.59-1.85.

Can't believe the price of Jan de heem in the last at Windsor, beat the top two in the market comfortably two runs ago and now has weight advantage because of their subsequent runs and q poor effort last time. 12s looks a massive each way price for a horse with recent form against the market principles

Gazza the Jazza has been well backed for that 9.20, but I think at 14/1 that last years winner NOVALIST is overpriced. Lowest mark for a good while if you include the rider's claim and will like cut in the ground, e/w bet.

Win or e/way depending on odds.

Chepstow
2.30 Burnham
Trainer says, “She won a h’cap at Windsor last year over 1m2f but has subsequently run well without success over further, so I may drop her back next time. She is a fun horse who has found her level and will surely win again.”

4.00 Mandys Boy Not in the stable tours but given as a winner without a penalty by Kieran Fallon as the horse never got a clear run in his last two races

4.30 Secret Rebel – Interesting Hannon has two runners in the race but Richard Hughes riding this for Sylvester Kirk

Windsor
6.40 Hiking “She is by First Defence, whose first crop resulted in 18 winners including Dundonnell, and her dam is a half-sister to Tantina, the dam of City Scape and Bated Breath. Her half-sister Top Trail has been disappointing, but she is going well and looks more talented.”

7.10 Star Pearl - not in the tours but gave the very well fancied Odeliz a winner from the stable tours one hell of a race L/T/O

7.40 OGBOURNE DOWNS 14/1 £2 e/way

Trainer says, "Very backward last year but it wasn't a surprise when he won at 33/1 as he's been working well with MARKET TOWN, we'll probably go for a h'cap next." Ran in a h'cap but was PU and dismounted quickly as if something was wrong. If all is ok and we can still believe he's working well with Market Town the he should **** this. So worth a speculative small e/way possible value bet.

8.10 Robot Boy trainer says, "He was always going to be a better 3yo and we will find a proper flat track for him as I still retain plenty of faith in him.”

8.40 GAELIC ICE £3 e/way
4 b f Iceman - Gaelic Lime.
Maiden with ability, moved from seven furlongs to 10 furlongs latest of five runs and second in handicaps off 58 and finished eight lengths seventh of 13 to Sehnsucht at Leicester May 27.
"She caught every bug going when she came last season and I couldn't get her right. After running well in a maiden she sprained a joint then came back this season and ran well in a ladies race at Salisbury so we quietly fancied her at Leicester last time but we should have made more use of her. I think the straighter mile at Salisbury will suit her better although she should stay 10 furlongs. She'll win a little race."

9.10 Yul Finegold £2 e/way – in the stable tours as the apple of the trainers eye but I noted l/t/o he was a big old one-paced galloper who should go over hurdles, but this drop in grade and up in trip may suit and a bit of rain may help.

WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Having a mental day 5 winners and a non - runner some great prices and backing them on betfair - trebled my account already :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back