What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I've had a look at the race and he's one of a shortlist of 3, along with Doctor Parkes and Gladiatrix. I'll look again in the morning to see if I can separate them.

Subsequently ran at Royal Ascot over 6f and was bang there after 5f before being (ahem) eased.

I'm convinced tomorrow at Sandown is the day. He's racing over 5f in a Class 3 for the first time since winning over C&D three years ago and with the same jockey, Jim Crowley. Drawn 1 on a track where low draw is best.

Attracting support already, as big as 12/1, now generally 8 & 9/1, 10's with Betfred.

I often wonder if the stewards should call in jockeys that go too fast early. If I were being generous I'd say Fanning overdid the early pace. If I were saying what I really think, I'd be saying he rode it to get beat.

I've been bleating on about this for years. It must come under riding for the best possible place, but always goes unpunished, although I accept it's pure interpretation.

I don't here many trainers comments either.

And at the opposite end of the scale, maybe jockeys who let a horse go half the track clear and leave it far too late to try and catch it should be hit with a ban or something too.

Have a look at the last race in Ireland tonight for an example!

And at the opposite end of the scale, maybe jockeys who let a horse go half the track clear and leave it far too late to try and catch it should be hit with a ban or something too.

"The race resulted in all bar the winning jockey being called before the Stewards with each rider subsequently handed a four day suspension.

The rule under which the five beaten jockeys received their suspension was Rule 212 which relates to “not taking reasonable measures to give their horses every opportunity of winning”."

From Irish Racing.

Last edited:
Subsequently ran at Royal Ascot over 6f and was bang there after 5f before being (ahem) eased.

I'm convinced tomorrow at Sandown is the day. He's racing over 5f in a Class 3 for the first time since winning over C&D three years ago and with the same jockey, Jim Crowley. Drawn 1 on a track where low draw is best.

Word of warning, one of Gig's to follows in this race although Gig was suggesting to back it at Ascot if a decent price:

Dungannon

Seems tio be relentlessly getting backed but some of these tracks are not suited to his running style one that is is ascot.Last season 5th in the Wokingham off 97,then followed that up with a 5th when running on the standside,nearest other stands side runner was 12th in that race behind taajub.His last previous run to that at ascot was august 2011 when beating medicean man off 95 this looks his track and hopefully the horse will be forgotten and some attractive prices in the bigger races.

All the jockeys bar the winner were suspended for four days in what was a scandalous race.

I'm not convinced about Joe Packet but I wonder if subconsciously it's because I missed the fancy odds. I couldn't back him at the best odds now of 11/2. I fear Doctor Parkes, also backed in from double figures, but have decided to go with Gladiatrix in the hope that it's more consistent and on a curve, and there's less chance of Hughes getting in a pocket from stall 7.

I've also backed Mushaakis in the 4.35 in the belief that this extra trip will bring about substantial improvement and Abundantly in the 5.05 as the only one on a proper curve.

Mandour will anchor them in multiples. (Hopefully in a positive sense.)

I think theres a fair chance it'll find this trip with gd or faster a little on the sharp side these days.

Must be time to get out now if you were on at 10's+. I would have personally preferred Dungannon as the CD should suit, but it's got a tricky draw.

As you thought, CPG, just too sharp on the day. Typical of my luck at the moment - narrow it down to three, pick one and the other two finish in front of it.

I thought Mirsaale ran well for a long wqay int he Derby, albeit at an uneven pace, would give him a chance in the big race at Sandown today, back to 10f.

Phew...

For a moment I thought he wasn't picking up. All bets for today covered with a modicum of profit.

Last edited:
Roserrow (2.40 Sand) is improving apace and already has two c/d wins on his scorecard.
Has what's considered a coffin box, draw but he's a prominent racer, and has a straight 3f to work his way to the fore before the bend becomes an issue.
The general 10/1 is just too big.

I've tried (and failed, I reckon) to be more disciplined today but I've still got involved in a stack of races and multiples.

Pythagorean
Kingsgate Native
Danchai
Pastorius
Biographer
Masamah
Albasharah
Highland Castle
Boots And Spurs
Broughton
Good Authority

I probably need a couple of them to win just to break even but any multiple wins will see a bumper return but no big accies as such to create a retirement pot.

serious tip today and the horse is PRINCE OF JOHANNE. this horse has a great strike rate in big fields, was given aa very tame ride last time by john fahy in the royal hunt cup. If you watch the race closely it could of easily won if drawn right and jockey actually made an effort.

Also Graham Lee has now been booked, this looks significant as he has been riding ES QUE LOVE the past few times, so the fact he has jumped ship just boosts my confidence. Im not sure about the draw (2) but at 20/1 it looks good

Sandown 2:40 ROCKALONG/TIGERS TALE
Haydock 3:30 OPINION
Haydock 4:40 ASHAADD
Sandown 5:00 CARRY ON SYDNEY

Sandown 2:40 ROCKALONG/TIGERS TALE
Haydock 3:30 OPINION
Haydock 4:40 ASHAADD
Sandown 5:00 CARRY ON SYDNEY

Surprised you've not put up Biographer, Mr F, given your views on the time and strength in depth of his last race at Newmarket. Looks to have a fine chance today.

Going to Haydock,bets are

2.20-DUTCH on Dubawi Sound @ 5-2 [Bet 365] BOG & Masamah @ 5-2 [Bet 365] BOG
4.05-DUTCH on Culdaff @ 5-2 [Bet 365] BOG & Party Ruler @ 11-2 [Ladbrokes] BOG
4.40-DUTCH on Tartiflette @ 11-2 [Bet 365] BOG.Ashaadd @ 4-1 [Bet 365] BOG & Shebebi @ 7-1 [Bet 365] BOG
5.15-Broughton @ Evens [Paddy Power] BOG

£10 win each horse

serious tip today and the horse is PRINCE OF JOHANNE. this horse has a great strike rate in big fields, was given aa very tame ride last time by john fahy in the royal hunt cup. If you watch the race closely it could of easily won if drawn right and jockey actually made an effort.

Also Graham Lee has now been booked, this looks significant as he has been riding ES QUE LOVE the past few times, so the fact he has jumped ship just boosts my confidence. Im not sure about the draw (2) but at 20/1 it looks good
Except when riding for certain trainers, I view Lee as a negative. I certainly wouldn't see his being engaged for POJ as a positive whereas the fact that Fahy doesn't ride would be a negative. I reckon if you don't think he was given a positive ride at Ascot it was probably because he was told to keep the horse for something like Goodwood.

As far as Es Que Love is concerned, Peslier instead of Lee would be a huge positive for me. Isn't Peslier 1-1 at the course in the last 5 years or so?

Surprised you've not put up Biographer, Mr F, given your views on the time and strength in depth of his last race at Newmarket. Looks to have a fine chance today.

I've backed it today, but my main bets are in handicaps.

This one has been on my tracker for ages but I want to see him back at a mile. Couldn't believe it when he was put in a 12f handicap at Ascot.

A reproduction of his run over 10 furlongs behind Soviet Rock would be good enough to win this. The form of that race has worked out well.

Have taken 11/1 Rockalong In the 2:40 at Sandown. Tough handicap so just small stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back