What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afsare (3,30) hasn't quite been getting home in the 10f contests he's run in recently,and the drop back to a stiff 1m, with Highland Knight to set a good pace should still allow him to have too much speed for these (providing he goes in the stall, that is).

only won by 6;)...a good call:cool:

Afsare (3,30) hasn't quite been getting home in the 10f contests he's run in recently,and the drop back to a stiff 1m, with Highland Knight to set a good pace should still allow him to have too much speed for these (providing he goes in the stall, that is).

Top bombing Reet.:)

Well done you two, good selecting. Tomorrow Giantstepsahead needs to be watched at 7.35 at HQ. A strong chance its been layed out for a
handicap like this having had a few runs in maidens. Ive not had a
winner since that Visit Copenhagen with Ricko. Anyway Laters:)

Last edited:
Wind Fire (3.55) ran too free early lto, and though right up there at the distance, didn't see the trip out because of it. Her previous 5f form is head and shoulders above these and I can't see her beaten.
Price is now nothing to write home about, but Abbakova for the f/c might bump it up a little.

Last edited:
Just putting this one up for consideration

Stereotypical 4.20 Newcastle 3rd 13 -2

Ralph Beckett has only had two runners at Newcastle in the last five years, the owners don't appear to have had a horse run since 2010, other than this one which ran in a National Hunt flat race in March where it finished fourth after being headed in the final 2f in a race which was 2f further than today.The trainer had a winner yesterday with a horse which hadn't run for 60 days or more.

Edit

Also Arrowzone 3.10 Newcastle The sire Ifraaj has a 5 out of 7 record at Newcastle with 2yo 2nd 16 - 1

Last edited:
Well done you two, good selecting. Tomorrow Giantstepsahead needs to be watched at 7.35 at HQ. A strong chance its been layed out for a
handicap like this having had a few runs in maidens. Ive not had a
winner since that Visit Copenhagen with Ricko. Anyway Laters:)

Well it just so happens we're on Giantstepsahead as well tonight. No analysis though, no time today.

Palace of Winds 5.50 Tramore 6/5 Oxx has a super record at winning rubbish maidens in Tramore, this filly is looking for a winning bracket and will get it here.

Crystal Earth 8.20 Tramore 9/4 Filly in form with course experience. Expect her to be bang there at the finish.

Wind Fire (3.55) ran too free early lto, and though right up there at the distance, didn't see the trip out because of it. Her previous 5f form is head and shoulders above these and I can't see her beaten.
Price is now nothing to write home about, but Abbakova for the f/c might bump it up a little.

;)

Best bet for me is Alice's Dancer in the 8.05..will get the strong pace needed here..stable banging them in..won same race off 1 higher last year...12.0 taken

Bad run? I'm in that feeling.

I like Dank tomorrow in the Beverley D

to be fair i'm reaping what i've sowed this year..i haven't had the time I usually have to spend...family commitments are more important at the moment...i've a few i'm waiting for..but then pick other races in between and don't put enough work in on them

Good luck with Dank anyway.

I will be having one bet tomorrow from a race i've been following and patiently waiting for the first 3 to come out again....even Gigilo hasn't marked this race up:)..shwaiman in the 4.45.

comes out of one of the best ..if not the best AW maidens run this year on the clock...I think the winner is a 100 horse at least....three have run from this race..the 4th has won...which i somehow f00kin overlooked..missed a 10/1 winner..idiot...i backed Phiz..who won..and Midaz who didn't seem to stay..or there was something wrong with...stopped as if shot after travelling well

If shwaiman don't win i'll be a bit gutted and draw stumps for a bit as if this race isn't one to follow then i don't know what is

Last edited:
2.55 Newmarket
Ultra competitive handicap which features 6 horses on my speed rating shortlist. Best handicapped on my figures is EXTRASOLAR and is worth a play at 16/1. Dangers are CHILWORTH ICON, CAN YOU CONGA and HASOPOP in that order.

3:50 Newbury
I've got DEMOCRETES nearly 5 lbs well-in on his run behind GABRIELS LAD last weekend. Less than impressed he's got a 7lbs claimer on board without a win to his name. But, with 12lbs in hand including the jockeys claim, on my ratings, he's worth a pop at 8/1.

4:45 Doncaster
PORCINI is still a couple of lbs ahead of her mark on my ratings and gets another 3 lbs from her capable apprentice. She looks a good bet to complete a hat-trick and 6/1 is fair.

Biographer (2.40) traveled like a dream on his latest outing, and undoubtedly would have won had he not hung when let down on the very fast ground. No such problem envisaged today, and he should have too much speed for Aiken.

family commitments are more important at the moment...

What, than horse racing?

The lack of confidence in Somewhat at Newbury today is offputting. There's support for Be Ready, a Godolphin newcomer, against him but by my reckoning that horse would have to put up an unusually smart performance on his debut to beat Somewhat.

I thought Best Trip was quite eyecatching back at 6f in the Stewards' Cup consolation race at Goodwood recently. He runs in another consolation race at Ripon today. Whether stall 3 is a good draw or not remains to be seen but at least he's near a rail and he's a big price on Betfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back