What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse deserves a lot of praise as well. Really stuck its neck out. The owner had hinted that he thought this was his best chance.

Unfortunately I had to drive to Derby to take my daughter to the open day at the university but these were or are the ones from the book today - I see a few of my mates chopped it off with the first one coming in at 25/1 - haven't checked the other results yet although I am aware Cue Card won :(

2.25 - Jackies Solitaire - will improve and will find an opportunity in time

3.00 - Grand Vision - 2 and a half miles suits better as he is a natural galloper and will be diffecult to beat on hes day

3.35 - Theatrical Star - has ability to win a decent race and should be noted on seasonal debut

4.10 - Cue Card & Silvinacio Conti - both trainers talk up good seasons, Cue Cards trainer doesnt mention chasing.

6.20 - Ivors King - Has alot of potential about him
6.20 - One Term - willl run well in another bumper before novices hurdling
6.20 - Velator - A nice one for the yard, has ability to win a bumper in soft/heavy conditions and will run well when going hurdling

2.40 - Rare Ruby - 3miles will show her true potential, will run well when the conditions suit

3.15 - Beneficial Reform - will run well over the northern jumping tracks, is a good fence jumper

4.30 - Allow Me - incredibly consistent and will find an opportunity sooner rather than later, very tough

In the last I can't understand Maali's price in relation to Questioning. 3yo's don't have an amazing record in the race but you can get 14's about him placing whereas Questioning, who he finished in front of last time, is 13/2!! Might be well wide of the mark but i'm gonna have a small tickle and a couple of quid on the win as well.

Peslier masterclass. Maali needed a much stronger pace and got going far too late.

Texas Jack looks fair value at 7/4 in the 15.40 maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse. He won the Land Rover bumper on his racecourse debut, readily beating Maller Tree, who has since shown himself to be very decent. Form comments of "quickened well" and "stayed on strongly" are encouraging. His trainer also likes to have his horses ready for this time of year.

Nice pick Grey - what are playing up the winnings on today?

Nice pick Grey - what are playing up the winnings on today?

Cheers. An added bonus to the Texas Jack win was the good run in second by Dynamic Approach, doing something at last for the form of Raise The Beat's Naas bumper.

I'll miss most of the racing today but I'm having a look at the Ffos Las bumper. Skybet opened 4/1 Georges Street, sent over for the race by Tom Taaffe, but has clipped him already to 3/1. Market support, if it develops further, "could be significant", as they say. McCoy's mount is probably better, though, than the form of its last run would suggest. It sounds like that race was run at a false pace for most of the way.

Georges Street is the form pick in that Grey, so I don't think the shaving of his odds indicate support from the yard - I very much suspect that it's as a result of snide each-way money. The Romford Pele (can you tell McCoy has an involvement with the Curtis yard?) was as fit as a flea for his debut, so unless Salubrious is a champion bumper contender, then he has a bit to prove. I thought this was a pretty weak contest otherwise, and made Tim Vaughan's newcomer Minella For Party jolly by default. I'm not at all surprised that he's trading at Evens.

I was impressed with MFP's P2P debut and took some 11/8 earlier, currently trading at less than evens now on the exchange and he comes from a yard that can ready one for a race of this type (also had Jimbill and Jive Master win with a similar profile of late).

In fairness Skybet had cut both the front two in the race near enough as soon as they'd priced the race up (could lay 4.9 GS at the time and 2.42 MFP so that's likely to have played its part), does look a 3 horse race and for anyone who's into snide E/W bets the 4/1 looks good.

I thought this was a pretty weak contest otherwise, and made Tim Vaughan's newcomer Minella For Party jolly by default. I'm not at all surprised that he's trading at Evens.

From One Jump Ahead...

"Won what is tradiionally a good benchmark maiden at Punchestown with the minimum of fuss: the Punchestown point track offers a proper test of jumping and a fair galloping track:this gelding passed both with flying colours. Costing £75000 at the sales, he will be one of the leading young novice hurdlers in an upwardly mobile Welsh yard, and certain to add to the increasing number of winners sent out by Vaughan: will win a coule of hurdle races and enjoy a trip to a Festival event in 2012"

From the book today:

2.50 - Havingotascoobydoo - Schooled well over fences and has filled out over summer. One to watch

3.50 - Old Wigmore - future lies over fences, schooled well and should have ability to win afew

4.25 - Lucaindubai - unlucky in some good races, sometimes makes mistakes over hurdles and future will be chasing, hoping when going chasing will give the fences greater respect. (this is a hurdle race not chase)

5.30 - Minella for Party & The Romford Pele - both will have good futures over hurdles and start off in this bumper.

Gearoid is everyone's hero, OTB. Enjoy your winnings.

In that Ffos Las bumper you'd imagine from the way he's drifting that the Taaffe contingent forgot to pack one of Georges Street's legs for his trip across the Irish Sea. Maybe the tongue strap has something to do with it.

Still, his form looks better, as Rory says, than Romford Pele's in what appears to be pretty much a three horse race, so I've had a small bit of the 9-4 being offered by William Hill in the w/o fav market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back