What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually done that exact thing - missed the black on 65 and lost on a respot - had to give 14 point handicap, but I was still looking for ropes..

:lol:

I didn't realise you played. What's your highest break and is Stephen Maguire not the biggest certainty if all time to beat Mark Williams?

I have practised with the now deceased big bill werbenuik at his home,played in pro ams for 5/6 years before moving onto pool.Highest break 137,lost 3-2 to dave harold at darleston snooker centre think the cloths had been washed the night before!!:lol:

Thanks Grey! The problem is losing my own money doesn't bother me (after 30 mins according up Bar The Bull) but I hate putting people into a loser and the winners never balance that in my mind.

If it's any consolation to you I ducked this particular one, mainly on account of it being so badly drawn.

If it's any consolation to you I ducked this particular one, mainly on account of it being so badly drawn.

Good. It's after 12 and the bottles of cider are flowing. The pain has eased :lol:

Had a look at the Novices Handicap Chase at Kempton tomorrow and very interested in Ian Williams whacking the tongue tie on a horse I've been following since seeing him at Lingfield last year - Croan Rock. He always seems to travel well enough in his races but then finds precious little when push comes to shove and weakens quite rapidly suggesting to me that there is something amiss with the horses breathing. The tongue tie should hopefully rectify this and this Irish point winner who showed plenty of promise under rules on his second start when falling three out and on a sound surface (which he'll get tomorrow) since is stepped up to 3m for the first time under rules tomorrow. He has the very capable Dougie Costello in the saddle and having been running well last time out prior to clouting the third last and going out like a light (again) has been dropped 3lbs to a mark of 110 which IMO could prove quite lenient. Ian Williams is in good form at the moment and he's currently available at 12/1 which is well worth taking getting weight from a few horses with doubts about them, a couple of firms have already cut the horse but I think 12/1 with Stan James is well worth taking upped in trip :)

Martin

Made mistakes throughout but finished runner-up @ 7/2 so can't complain :)

Kempton 1.40 Sky Diamond Win @ 20/1 BOG ( lay back IR @ 3.6/1.71/1.12)

Good chance he can bounce out and dictate here, especially with Newman on board. Move from Given to Mackie is a slight worry but the odds compensate. The fact he's been campaigned in claimers and sellers indicates they are struggling with his mark but he looks to have his perfect conditions.

Da Silva on another fav, but I really don't get the praise he's getting at the moment, managing to get many beat IMO.

Giggilo will show you how to make a fortune out of that!:D
And ..............
He can start by showing us how to break even
Enough with the unjustified sarcasm.
The bloke's posts are solid pointers to potentially profitable trades. They're valuable indicators to this poster for one. I can only think of one in the last ten that didn't contract in price like he forecasted. Last thing needed is another clique-ish cynicism on here towards a commendable contributor -- a contributor who is submitting a regular presentation of decent advice on trades.
That's all.

No sarcasm intended there Icebreaker - I follow the posts on g's thread and elsewhere where he posts and respect it fully. I don't "do betfair" and never lay horses so trading's not for me. I would say 90% of the horses I back contract in price - most on here can see a standout price and they normally contract. IS would have a similar outlook I would imagine. Just a bit of banter is all to ease the pain of another could have been day.

Agree with OTB - trading isn't for me but it is clearly something that Gigilo is good at and if it's giving pointers to other members of the forum then it's all good IMO :)

Most of the horses that I back shorten - the ones that don't are generally the non-triers and thankfully there's not too many of those :)

Kempton 1.40 Sky Diamond Win @ 20/1 BOG ( lay back IR @ 3.6/1.71/1.12)

Good chance he can bounce out and dictate here, especially with Newman on board. Move from Given to Mackie is a slight worry but the odds compensate. The fact he's been campaigned in claimers and sellers indicates they are struggling with his mark but he looks to have his perfect conditions.

Da Silva on another fav, but I really don't get the praise he's getting at the moment, managing to get many beat IMO.

As low as 5/1 this morning :blink:

As low as 5/1 this morning

I better not trade it then :rolleyes:

I initially thought overnight prices would be great but it's a total pain. If you don't look at the cards the afternoon before, you run the risk of missing an opportunity.

Most of the time it's the arbers creating a snowball by manipulating the market with small money.

The 20/1 was with 3 books last night, so it does look like genuine money.

Scary Movie has also been backed, but I had this down as a prep run for a return to Lingfield with Morris on board. The horse returns to Harris after losing it in a seller on a decent mark, but he's a tricky ride and although the the jockey has a decent strike rate, he's never had a ride at the track.

Leonna Mayor actually has a cracking 33% strike rate at the track from 12 rides but is now without a ride.

Hierarch is a horse I've backed on a couple of occasions recently and I still think there is more to come. Last run behind Rock Anthem was more about jock's ability and I can easily see the 3 lths being reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back