What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sarcasm intended there Icebreaker . Just a bit of banter is all to ease the pain of another could have been day.
Fair enough, OTB.
I realize now in the cold light of day that I mis-interpreted the nature of the posts, and I apologize for my over-reaction.

My knee-jerking might be connected with how profitable Gigilo has been for me from the outset.
For instance, as a result of his most recent post I'm sitting on a profit of €122.18 on a risk free outlay of just €120 by doing the trade on Sky Diamond he recommended. (Would have been more if I had risen early enough this morning to get out at 7.4 instead of 8.67.
I have to "stick up" for the guy -- I'm sure you understand ! :lol:

SkyDiamond.jpg

Well it's a skinny enough price but I'm going to have a few shekels on Are Ya Right Chief in the 2:30 at Navan. I've been impressed with both his runs so far and it seemed clear a step up in trip would do him good, and he's got that today. The ground shouldn't be a problem either and his trainer is, as usual, in top form. His owner should also have the winner in the 1:30 but as it's 4/11 I'll not be backing it.

I'm having a go with Shannon Spirit at 7/1 in the first at Navan. He was a very useful bumper horse who is now with Henry De Bromhead and today's ground should suit. If his new trainer can get him back to his earlier form he might be able to beat the favourite Terminal, whose bumper wins in the French provinces could be overrated.

Last edited:
Ice: is that your personal temperature gauge just below the clock, on the right? :lol: Shows you're not in the 'self combustion" zone, anyway!

Looking at that desktop, it would be great fun to know what's on other forum members' layouts. Mine's pathetic next to that.

Bollocks. Second. The winner looks a nice horse. One to watch when he goes chasing I think. He's absolutely massive.

Bollocks. Second. The winner looks a nice horse. One to watch when he goes chasing I think. He's absolutely massive.

Agree with you there Simon - he seems very green still - Carberry was trying to get him to change his lead up the straight and he looked slightly uncomfortable around the bends past the stands. Definitely one to watch over a trip with fences in front of him. Don't think he beat much today though.

Icebreaker, I hear SlimChance is known as "slimmy" in the yard, he has excellent contacts and you may want to benefit on some of his inside information in the future.

Nice call with the OAP, there, Del! I like the old fellow a lot, but picked out FOUR CHIMNEYS for myself. Bussy pretty much mashed his way through the last two, but a win's a win!

Good Godawmighty, Slim - and you hold down a job and girls as well????! What's that link to "Poor Performance", dear boy? PC, horse, or your own record?

Last edited:
Good Godawmighty, Slim - and you hold down a job and girls as well????! What's that link to "Poor Performance", dear boy? PC, horse, or your own record?

:lol:

A girl in the office changed my desktop image one day when I was off. I didn't change it back because she insisted it made me stand out in the office. You'd want to hear the reaction when I ring the helpdesk with a problem and they remotely log into my profile! The poor performances are top secret and it's been a while since I held down a girl!

Pretty Penny (15:20P) looks worth a bet tomorrow providing the meeting goes ahead, she was handicapped over hurdles last year and switched to points when winning a Mares Maiden at Barbury last month beating the 100+ rated Where's My Slave (a winner since) into second, she looks likely to appreciate the trip and off a mark of 70 she looks very very well in IMO. Currently 10/1 with Paddy Power.

Martin

Ice: is that your personal temperature gauge just below the clock, on the right?

Heh Krizon, the lappy likes to display it's degree of "chill" -- how laid-back it is feeling at any given time.
I'm starting to believe that the dial reading is index-linked to my own moods; when I'm stressed the dial runs upwards alarmingly. Evidence of man-and -machine symbiosis? :)
(As long as it doesn't encroach into the re myocardial infarction area, nothing to get too concerned about.).

Hmm, I'd get a bit concerned that the lappy isn't taking over your persona, Ice. Watch out when it starts the kettle up, toasts your brekkie bread, and defrosts the freezer overnight. When it begins singing "I'm not a robot... " then I'd whup out the hard drive. You don't want it controlling the car and the online banking...

Another 3 WP Mullins odds on shots beaten today. He gets some amount of skinny ones beaten.

They wouldn't all have been odds on shots if someone else was training them, especially Bagber, who is not bred to jump fences on winter ground and the bumper runner, Raise Hell, who with his form not only would have been odds against but would have been a complete outsider if running for other connections.

Fair point Grey, it still doesn't stop them lumping on them though. He's had a fair few skinny ones beaten over Christmas too...and the seven bumper winners in a row. Always been a trainer that's very difficult to gauge.

Fair point Grey, it still doesn't stop them lumping on them though. He's had a fair few skinny ones beaten over Christmas too...and the seven bumper winners in a row. Always been a trainer that's very difficult to gauge.

Somehow get the impression that's the way Mullins like it, I can't make head nor tail of his horses. Actually, that applied to all horses this weekend come to think of it.:(

I think he is less difficult to gauge than he was starting off, and his father was impossible.

His good horses tend to be very consistent, I would say, and it's his newcomers that are harder to assess.

The newcomers are hard to judge from the outside but you generally find if they don't fancy one (or someone within the yard doesn't fancy one) then others will be backed against it or there'll be no money for it.

Pretty Penny (15:20P) looks worth a bet tomorrow providing the meeting goes ahead, she was handicapped over hurdles last year and switched to points when winning a Mares Maiden at Barbury last month beating the 100+ rated Where's My Slave (a winner since) into second, she looks likely to appreciate the trip and off a mark of 70 she looks very very well in IMO. Currently 10/1 with Paddy Power.

Martin

Into 4/1 best price....After Saturday's huge plunge are you having a go again Martin???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back