What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to take on the Henderson hotpot in the next as I think Swaninstockwell's form is not far behind. At 15/2, as opposed to 1/4, I can't see him out of the first two and think he could shake up the favourite.

Lingfield 3.00 Mandy's Hero Win @ 16/1 BOG ( Lay back in running & 3.2 & 1.61)

Potentially could trade double the current odds on the ex's, being a cheap Koucash off cast and now with a trainer with a 0/28 racord at the track.

However, this is a tightly knit h/cap possibly with Triple Dream heading the market leaders, but there are reasons for thinking MH can get in the shake up.

Last two runs were last month in races were he had little chance (class jump & surface) and the usual cheekpieces were also left off. Those runs were off a 5 month break so it's safe to assume he needed both runs for new trainer.

Although the trainer has a poor record at the track, the horse is 1/1 over C&D and the booking of Catlin rather than Ferguson is a positive. C/p's back on, I'd expect Catlin to make every effort to bag the lead, in a race were the rest may be happy to sit behind early on.

Back on his last winning mark, he may need a little more help in the h/cap and possibly Kempton may be the plan, but the price temps me in a race that could be run to suit, even on this track that is tough for the front runners.

Surprisingly the trainer has a decent record on polytrack, even taking into her dire record at Lingfield.

Thinking about giving Ikorodu Road one last chance at Newbs... Have always thought he's got a decent race in him - will today be the day?

The first Hunter Chase of the season and though IMO My Flora should win and will win the Cheltenham equivalent but the Jane Williams ridden Billyvoddan is far too big at 16/1 coming off the back of an impressive seasonal return (as usual) at Chaddesley Corbett - he ended last season on a high by taking the Ladies Final under the same jockey at Cheltenham and shouldn't be too inconvenienced by the drop back to 2m 6f. Chapoturgeon is the class horse under rules but I have doubts about the trip for him whilst Cloudy Lane should be seen to better effect over further and given Trevor Hemmings love of Haydock I wouldn't be surprised if this was a prep by the McCain's for the Walrus at that track next month whilst Alvarado is the unknown in the race having been bought out of HoJo's yard in the Summer by the Ruckers.

Martin

2.05 Thurles Knockfierna

Expected to win today by connections. Short enough as a consequence, the 2's last night didn't last long. 11/8 now.

2.30 nodebateaboutit lingfield won last time out at weatherby,this is still in front of the handicapper IMO.it's 2/1 but it wins today for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back