What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leopardstown 4:40.

I am happy enough to take on the market leaders.

The two at decent prices taking my eye are the two Mcmanus horses trained by Thomas Mullins, Spider Web and Scoir Mear.

Spider Web has the better overall chase form and in all truth his price in relation to Scoir Mear looks the wrong way around.

Spider Web should 10's and Scoir Mear should be 16's.

Some will say that the latter has been well backed, but in principle I think I'd rather back Spider Web at 14s/16's.

Value is value is value is value!:)

Last edited:
I put this bet on today but the event is on Sunday.

I've laid those fine people emanating from Ibrox at 1/4 for their visit to Ross County. I was genuinely surprised to see them so short.

I imagine not many will be following their fortunes south of the border but they are big news up here at the moment.

I've been betting against them for some time because I've been hearing about the unrest at the club for some time.

I was told back in November that Steven Gerrard had lost the dressing room and that first team coach Michael Beale was the one keeping them on Celtic's coat-tails. I w had been told nearly two years ago that SG didn't have proper coaching qualifications having failed the exams and requiring a scribe to fill in the papers for him.

You won't read any of this in the papers up here because to go public with anything negative leads to dire consequences. If you doubt this just google Angela Heggarty.

They looked set to catch Celtic at the end of the year there having played them off the park in the League Cup final only to lose to a sucker punch, and they beat Celtic at Parkhead in the league in the final match before the winter break.

Both teams went to Dubai to freshen up. I heard a number of stories about what was happening and they basically amounted to Celtic being ultra-professional in their activities and their rivals, shall we say, 'not'.

Since the break Celtic won their next 11 domestic games before drooping points midweek, not entirely unexpectedly, away to Livingston. Meantime, the Ibrox outfit have been pretty much in freefall.

After his side was dumped out of the Scottish Cup on Saturday by bottom-placed Heartsm word reached me that SG went home to his wife having decided not to return. His agent and two senior Ibrox figures persuaded him to reconsider and a media narrative was agreed whereby they would pledge their support and he would declare himself fully committed. Then they lost midweek at home to now-bottom side Hamilton! I'm now finding out that moves towards a severance 'agreement' are at an advanced stage.

And amid all this, the dressing room is torn asunder. Players are fed up with being thrown under the bus in public and certain 'stars' are seen by lesser lights to be beyond criticism from the manager.

Going to Dingwall is never a stroll in the park so I don't see any sense in odds of 1/4. Of course, between now and then there might be some kind of heal in the dressing room. At their best there's no doubt they should be able to give County a going-over but that price suggests it's definitely going to happen. Further points shipped would not surprise me in the least.

1..35 Wolv.

Fox Power is the pundits' darling this morning, mainly owing to the 9lb turnaround with Via Serendipity -13/2 best- but the latter ceded FP a 4l lead, due to a drop in the pace, yet still picked him up cosily.
If there is a danger, I'd suggest it's Kasbaan, on the return to his best trip, but that's readily covered at the current 9/1.

Last edited:
Gowran Park. 4:00. Worth forgiving Allardyce the poor run the last day. He was going the right way before that and I fancy he can bounce back today. A good price too although bookies are shortening him as I type. Take the price.

Last edited:
4.30 Stratford-Faro De Kerser

Each Way @ 14-1 [Ladbrokes] 4 Places

To get this big week off to a good start

That 4.30 race has a fair old mix of few should-do-better types, a few doing well at lower level types and a few higher quality but may need the run types. Looks like an interesting race, your pick ( PB ) is as good as any there , following in

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

EW curse 5th [emoji849] each of the types in first three

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Simply The Betts simply wins tomorrow surely? He’ll be my biggest outlay anyway, on the day.

Been all over Kilbricken Storm for a while, going to have some sickness insurance on Sire De Berlais tomorrow an all, think he may drift to a price as well. Few fancied ones tomorrow and he seems to be going under the radar. JPs are just flying in as well.

Taken the prices now, but Uknowhatimeanharry is better than the price he is, so backing him to place.

Also have Itchy Feet and Floressa at nice prices anti post.

Big day for me tomorrow. Some excellent results today, but tomorrow has always been earmarked as a day that could be really kind to me.

Last edited:
Not sure who mentioned Saint Roi? JPs ‘rat’ anyway it’s getting smashed in the betting.

I’m going against it and Ciel De Neige. Personally on Aramon, but somebody here thinks JP cleans up all 5 handicap hurdles. Just working out with one in the County

Down Royal
1:50 Now Where Or When

Wetherby
2:00 Hello Bob

Both well supported in the betting market.

A win double.

Last edited:
Dundalk 4:00 Touch Of Gold 14/1. A nice mare who has won three handicap hurdles and two all weather races including over this course and distance. On a handy weight. The judges will agree that she will win this off 71.

Last edited:
Saturday 08.30 Australian A League - Western Sydney Warriors v Sydney FC

Sydney FC are 10pts clear in the league and have only lost 2 games all season. Both those losses were against Western Sydney Warriors.

Western Sydney Warriors look the value at 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back