What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew our fate with Marie’s Rock in the first furlong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assimilation 6.30W won a much better C&D race than today's back in March, and has run 3 times since lockdown - 2 0ver the wrong trip, and one where he actually tripped. Should strip fit today, and only 2lbs higher for that 31k victory.
5/1 Hills.

Last edited:
Rose Of Aghaboe 5/2 with 888 jumped like an old pro in her only chase to date and found plenty at the business end despite carrying 12st3lbs.

Goes really well for her female rider have won 2 and finished 2nd in 3 outings with her on board.

She's very straight forward whereas others disputing the betting have some issues to overcome.

GL,Fist.
Soldier's Minute 6.30 loves, Kempton and won a good race cosy, over this trip, on his latest visit. See no reason why the subsequent 4lb rise should stop him, and looks a solid bet @ 5/1 generally.

Last edited:
Had the same with B365, Grass; suspect they're (UK) having problems with on-course books now being part of sp returns now?

Hijack 2.55H

Going to forgive his Cheltenham run on faster ground.

2 furlongs less, flat track, soft ground....long straight.

11/2 will do!

Last edited:
Judged on his latest run, I reckon Lord Riddiford 6.00C will show too much speed for these.
4/1 general.

Sandown 3:35 bitontheside back over hurdles on a mark of 120 which looks exploitable, for that naff trainer who can allegedly hardly train horses, Nigel Twiston Davies.

Last edited:
Mohareb 5.15N got involved in a pace battle latest (rival finished last, and burst), this significant drop in class & trip should work the oracle for him,today.
13/2 Sky.

I have a tracker horse running tomorrow and have decided to back it even though it is favourite in a big field.

I noted The Bosses Oscar as being very unlucky at the festival and was probably a plot that didn't go to plan. I've no idea if he's trying here but there seems to be some money for him so he might be.

11/2 is not really my kind of price to be backing half-blind (since I haven't studied the race) but if he was up to winning a festival handicap he's probably up to winning any handicap.

I think that's in Navan's 1:08, right DO?

I'm with Tout Est Permis, who also has festival form behind Sire Du Berlais.

Open race though, good luck with yours.

I have a tracker horse running tomorrow and have decided to back it even though it is favourite in a big field.

I noted The Bosses Oscar as being very unlucky at the festival and was probably a plot that didn't go to plan. I've no idea if he's trying here but there seems to be some money for him so he might be.

11/2 is not really my kind of price to be backing half-blind (since I haven't studied the race) but if he was up to winning a festival handicap he's probably up to winning any handicap.

I fancy this as well. Not sure what horses are actually going to be trying though.

What’s the lowest mark that usually gets you in the Pertemps?

Nico on four favourites tomorrow, 3 of them odds on, the other stupidly short. How many does he get beat?

Price has gone a bit on Kateson in the 12.55 at Aintree. Went into the tracker after an eye catching run at Uttoxeter back end of last season. He was too fresh first time out over 3m at Newbury. Didn't have a proper cut at 12s last night and he's 15/2 now. Downer.

He seems short at 6/1 but i really like Le Breuil for the Becher. He was upsides Kimberlite Candy at the second last before giving best to that horse and he's 26lbs better off with that rival now. There's a lot of ropey old duffers in that race.

The Big Getaway naturally will be hard to be in the beginners chase at Navan but I've had a hard-on for Conflated going lh since he was third on debut at Punchestown in October. He jumped well to the left at most fences and did similar behind Asterion Forlonge next time. 10/1 is way too big.

I've got Castlegrace Paddy apost at 33s ew for the Tingle Creek, Has major place claims now even though it's just the two that are paid.

money for Tout Est Permis and At The Acorn in the 1.08 Navan. TEP opened at 25/1 and ATA opened at 40/1. Both 11/2 and 14/1 respectively now.

Looks an absolute shambles to bet on. I fancied JPs De Name Escapes Me to be a trier in a none triers race. Won nicely recently on the flat before returning here. The Bosses Oscar should run well, but looks horrific to bet on this race.

In the race with Mister Coffee, Benson has some money coming in. Think he’s the horse who refused when running a race behind Call Me Lord, was a huge price. Won its last 2 with more in hand then the jockey let on I think. Should find Mister Coffee too good for him though.

Last edited:
Price is shot to bits (4's last night), but Mghty Ghurka is different class to these, and looks the proverbial good thing.
5/2 general

That handicap hurdle at 1.08 screams no bet given there will be loads of non-tries, but the one I can’t help to be drawn to is Shattered Love.

With the excellent Gavin Brouder taking 7lbs off she gets in effectively off 129. And while she hasn’t been seen over hurdles for a long time that’s a massive pull from her chase rating of 152. Add to that Gigi and Gordon are bossing the handicap with Cracking Smart, she and Tot est Permis both jump off the page.

The Bosses Oscar probably want to be winning this today too though as he might need a few pounds before finishing a staying in 6th in a Pertmemps qualifier. I may perm the three of them in the exactas and trifecta with one of Willie’s.

money for Tout Est Permis and At The Acorn in the 1.08 Navan. TEP opened at 25/1 and ATA opened at 40/1. Both 11/2 and 14/1 respectively now.

Looks an absolute shambles to bet on. I fancied JPs De Name Escapes Me to be a trier in a none triers race. Won nicely recently on the flat before returning here. The Bosses Oscar should run well, but looks horrific to bet on this race.

In the race with Mister Coffee, Benson has some money coming in. Think he’s the horse who refused when running a race behind Call Me Lord, was a huge price. Won its last 2 with more in hand then the jockey let on I think. Should find Mister Coffee too good for him though.

TDP is a stupid price. That's a deep race but The Bosses Oscar will take beating. At The Acorn could win if it wants to and the same applies to Shattered Love.

The Bosses Oscar probably want to be winning this today too though as he might need a few pounds before finishing a staying in 6th in a Pertmemps qualifier.

Heard there was live money for the Pertemps during the week so 2+2=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back