What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the fourth nod of the head gone against me already today :(

i know all about these recently;)..its not too bad if they trade low as i always trade a decent consolation at 1.05 nowadays..Soul traded at 1.6 which i was surprised at..thought it might have gone lower

i've layed Royal knight at 1.74 in the 5.10 Fontwell...already a beaten fav on slow ground and the whole field looks to have nothing between them...this has to be way too short

typical saturday Dave..backem they lose..lay em they win

i like O'neils rum & butter in the 5.45..30,000 horse and he has a 3/5 record in bumpers here..4.3 taken

I reckon Captain Royale will go well in the last race at Redcar in 10 minutes.

Really liking the fact that looking through his form he's always come back in to form late in the year at this time of year. He's a good left field choice in the race for me.

Last edited:
My last message got deleated by mistake.
I would be interested in this.terry rogers and hacketts dont put bets in pools.

Can you do them over the phone rob,as obviously someones got to get them on as easy as possible,can you find out.Cheers.

I like Susiescot in the 3:10 at Tipp today - some 5/1 still left. She never runs a bad one and despite this is fairly handicapped. Kevin Blake agrees with me which is never a negative.

Camelot and Star Spangled Banner singles and a double at Longchamp. (Praying that the ground dries out a little though.)

Last edited:
Can you do them over the phone rob,as obviously someones got to get them on as easy as possible,can you find out.Cheers.

Yea I rang Terry Rogers the other day.

They take them over the phone and the guy said they take 5 cent unit lines
which would be handy for big perms.

One negative is they only have a €5000 payout limit on the smaller tracks.
€10,000 on some of the bigger tracks.

Grey Street looks interesting in the nursery at Ponte this afternoon. The form of his Ripon maiden auction win on a softish surface (good, good to soft in places) couldn't have worked out much better - 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th won next time out (3rd and 7th haven't run), the 10th is also a winner since - and he may have been unsuited by firm ground at Haydock next time. Back on soft today. Paddy Power go 13/2 which looks good to me.

I've only just joined, so no doubt these will go down the pan with the curse of ''as soon as you tell someone they're knackered :-)''...but anyway...

Swilly Ferry (4.30 Wolv) - ran some big races as a 2YO and fits the profile of the ''some sprinters are at their peak at 5'' theory - if you subscribe to it. Has moved to Nicholls (a plus overall from a sprinter perspective), but has a string of duckeggs. Has had a break which might see him back in a better light - if you look back through old form there's a couple of reasonable runs after a break, particularly one in a class 2 at Newmarket Apr 2010 . Won one of his 2YO races at Lingfield, this race is a class 4 and if he managed to run to best previous form could turn out to be better than these. 12s and 14s available and probably worth the chance for smallish stakes.

Soweto Star 4.50 Windsor Seem to remember a stable tour where John Best thought this could win a nice race. Has won over CD, and recent run on soft at Folkestone over too short 7f doesn't look too bad. Best stable appears to have had problems through much of the season, but recently a few have run well. Might be turning a corner. 14s at B365 and WH and a few others, haven't looked Betfair yet (edit around the 19s to 20s mark currently, could go either way, most times when I take an early Betfair they go out to double the odds or more, even the winners!!)

Last edited:
McEntee has just had a big priced winner at Windsor. Runs Summer Sun in the 4.50 Windsor, was on my early list but ruled out - too many runners, too many unknowns. But lightning does strike twice occasionally. Summer Sun is sired by Orotario, has given me a couple of big price winners on soft ground recently. Looking through the list of runners there doesn't look to be anything special so this could go anywhere. If it goes over 100 before the off Betfair it could be worth a few quid on the off chance we get it before everyone else knows.

Good luck for today with those selections Gus and Chaumi (nice write ups and welcome to the forum Chaumi!).

I've had twenty quid on Mango Channing in the 4:40 at Ponte as I think he's a big price and I think he could run well on two or three pieces of form. Speculative more than anything but sometimes they're the ones that tend to win for me funnily enough, as opposed to 'nailed on' short priced favs.

Last edited:
Worried about Opera Buff in the 5.50 Windsor. Been following it but instinct says leave it alone today - but looking back was beaten by Knave Of Clubs on similarly soft ground last year, and KOCs form ties in with Juvenal who has run some good races.

Simcock once appears to have believed OB could be a group horse. Is it just he needs very soft to show true form??

16 runners, can't do this unless it goes out to 50+ on Betfair. Hope it runs like a dog for another day.

Never leave an Arch runner unbacked on the sand if it's over 20 - Archina 5.30 Wolv, needs to drift out a bit from current

. Speculative more than anything but sometimes they're the ones that tend to win for me funnily enough, as opposed to 'nailed on' short priced favs.

Same here. There's nothing more painful than losing on a 5-1 shot then watching your next 33+ go in (with less money - or none - on it)

Been waiting for this to run in the (hopefully) right conditions since early July - Kampai 4.20 Brighton. Has the soft ground I think she needs, looked to handle Brighton OK in that race on July 3rd. Low class (6) handicap, could easily turn out that Kampai is class 4 or better eventually. Down to 11 or 12 runners now.

Negatives - only 10s at the moment with bookies, around 15 or 16 Betfair. Really wanted to get this at 30+ somewhere but can't leave it unbacked today if remaining around 16 or higher. Maybe best thing is to see it run backwards and get it big another day - but suspect today could be the one.

Last edited:
Keen on Spiritual Art in the next race (4:50) at Brighton. Was second to a horse called The Wonga Coup a couple of months ago and I know that horse well as I tipped him on here at 20/1 that day on the compo thread!!!

Spritual Art was giviing weight away then and it was a cracking performance, yes there are ground concerns, but if he gets out in front he could prove hard to peg back over this distance even in soft ground. Worth a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back