What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shloer Chase

Mick Channon's Somersby has a massive chance here if his trainer is to be believed
fit and well and the stable is in good form I wouldn't put anyone off backing him.

Big talk is Mr Mole at the weights can't win. I reckon PN will have him mega fit for this
as he's simply not in the same league as Dodging Bullets so his trainer will be viewing this as his Gold Cup.

Nicky Richards had Simply Ned spot on first time up at Kelso as he did last season
when he finished 2nd in this to Uxizandre. That is as good as he is imo but who's to say it's not good enough for this renewal
Seems a bit too short for me and I can't see him being quite good enough.

Sprinter Sacre...Great to see Nico getting the opportunity to ride him as no one knows him better than he does.
If Nicky Henderson is to be believed this race is over before it starts.

Obviously not as good as he was he still has the clear beating of both Mr Mole 3rd and Somersby 5th on Celebration Chase form.

So I am not quite ready to abandon my old favourite yet..in fact I can see this being an old man's day out.

1. Sprinter Sacre to win

2. Somersby for the forecast

Totalize EW in the Greatwood for me.

Altior failed to impress me at Ascotbut it was one of those non events
when horses are only asked to do what they have to to win.

He's much better than that and todays oppostion should bring the best out of him.

I rate Altior a 3 star bet at the price today

A good friend from Dublin who's normally laid back was at Old Castle when Lisheen Prince won and has totally convinced me he'll win the bumper.
It was when he said, PLEASE back it, I gave in LOL..hopefully I will have had a winning day beforehand as I hate bumpers

Nice shout. Thought the loose horse was going to do for him there. Winner a bit fortunate with the 3rd fav departing early and doesn't sound good for Maputo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Races like that are why being at Cheltenham never loses its pull. The crowd were on their feet from before the third last - a hard looking bloke in the row in front had tears running down his cheeks .

Great to see. First reaction is that he's still some way off his old best but he doesn't have to reach that level to regain his title. Fantastic to have him back.

Last edited:
Violet Dancer in 13.30 at Plumpton in the novice chase.

Decent Hurdler and a nice chase debut and will not mind the ground.

well its been a long time since i put Never Change 3.25 Wolv. on my to follows but eventually it makes a reappearance today..this one is a late 80's horse on that first run and without the lay off would be long odds on here..the second fav here is a 66 animal..got to have a go this today...2.86 taken

2:45 Leicester (7 minutes away) PINE CREEK....trainer has had a couple of short priced hurdlers beaten lately, time to look at what he's got going over fences for the next week or two.

cheers Bonjers..i went in again..was such a poor race even if it has run a stone below best ..which it has..still had loads in hand..well worth the wait

Well done. I haven't seen the race but the breeding suggests a step up in trip should suit.

Better B Quick (Fairy 3:!5) - Is nailed on to go well if continuing the upward progression showed in its seasonal comeback performance against Fr Humphrey and Tomcoole Lad at this track not very long ago. The cheekpieces were applied and they are again tomorrow. The two horses named above have some very good form with other horses which all leads me to believe Better B Quick is on a very nice mark. The seven pound claimer is just the icing on the cake.

I havn't fancied one to this extent at a mid week meeting in Ireland for a long time.

Last edited:
Safran De Cotte 2.30 Chepstow
Mark has plummeted to 112 from a high of 130
Dickie Johnson booked,will love the ground and has won first time up before.

for anyone looking for a bit of value then it might be fair to be able to remove Manson from the 5.25 at Kempton. If it were even money i'd just suggest a lay on this one. The trainer's record with lay off flat hosses is 2/126 with horses winning only 27% of the time the market suggests. His record in 2yo maidens isn't great either..4/118.

up against some good stables here..anyone fancy owt in it?

for anyone looking for a bit of value then it might be fair to be able to remove Manson from the 5.25 at Kempton. If it were even money i'd just suggest a lay on this one. The trainer's record with lay off flat hosses is 2/126 with horses winning only 27% of the time the market suggests. His record in 2yo maidens isn't great either..4/118.

up against some good stables here..anyone fancy owt in it?

If just stats:

Cumani-Kirby AW 17 from 34, AE 1.55

Today:
5:25K War Story

Rouge Noir is related to Bounty Box, was a decent enough sort for Chris Wall, betfair suggests that its useful enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back