Annie Power

All very odd that these latest Festival previews suggesting she is going to run in the Champion after all ?

I cannot understand why they cannot be upfront and tell us what the preferred option is whilst reserving the right to change it .

I find that odd too, I'm pretty sure I saw that she is to go to the World Hurdle unless something untoward were to happen Quevega or Fly.

I cannot understand why they cannot be upfront and tell us what the preferred option is whilst reserving the right to change it .

Couldn't agree more - until the introduction of NRNB it could be argued (thinly) that the stable was trying to protect people's money should they lead them to believe they were targetting one race, only to switch to another - even though they would have added the "we may change our mind caveat".

But now it stinks of just plain secrecy and definitely has the feel that some form of curve ball is going to be thrown last minute, e.g. Quevega is out - she wasn't quite 100% herself not long ago according to the recent stable tou,r or Annie misses the festival completely.

Last edited:
I find that odd too, I'm pretty sure I saw that she is to go to the World Hurdle unless something untoward were to happen Quevega or Fly.

Well in one of the early previews Patrick Mullins is recorded as saying it is likely to be her best option no doubt following on from Willie M's - it will depend on the fields for the other races. No sign of any drift in Quevega's price though .

It has not been announced . I was struck also by the fact that Daryl Jacob is to ride Celestial Halo and not Zarkandar from that last preview.

Last edited:
Breaking news-Ruby Rides Annie in world hurdle

Great a bigger price for Bigger bucks. Over forty Shirocco progeny have run over hurdles and non has even run 3 mile let alone stay it, and twice up a hill round Cheltenham on the stiffer track to boot.

Fascinating that she takes BB on when she has no form at the trip on the stamina sapping New Course but worrying for Hurricane Fly fans that clearly they fear she would beat him .

Great a bigger price for Bigger bucks. Over forty Shirocco progeny have run over hurdles and non has even run 3 mile let alone stay it, and twice up a hill round Cheltenham on the stiffer track to boot.

Love it! None have been Annie Power. Home and hosed.

This was an obvious one lads... It's the same every year.. 1 bullet in 2 championship races... Ruby should be 1-6 for top jock

ANNIE POWER beat ZARKANDAR very easy on soft ground over 2 mile 4 at cheltenham and was going further clear at the end, she must hold a strong chance of staying.

As for BIG BUCKS his legs have now completely gone, you could see from the shock on Nicholls and Andy Stewarts face when he got beat, they tried to Blame IT on STD, all good things come to an end and I don,t like to say i but BIG BUCKS probably will not even place.

AT FISHERS CROSS is peaking at the right time and looks the best of the rest.

Who will win a gold Cup?

Annie Power
Faugheen
Briar Hill
Champagne Fever
Ballycasey

You can add Vautour to that list aswell. Ricci could be mob handed.
Willie is going to have fun next season keeping them all apart.

No reason to believe she won't stay. If anything beats her giving away seven pounds fair play to them, but I don't see it happening. The right decision in my view.

Lady Rebecca three times won the Cleeve when it was a Grade 1 but twice she did not get up the hill over 3 miles and she was rated 170 .

Back