Champions Day

Me too! I've had a bit on Xtension at 16 on BF - will put a bit more on if he goes out.
I understand this has been the plan for a while and Clive's usually improve notably with racing - he's not one to psuh a horse too far too soon. Arcano was def the one 'feared' though on a quick look down the card (no point getting too involved imo before final decs)

Can anyone shed any light on Arcano's price? Currently 6.2 on Betfair. Are there rumours about his wellbeing floating around?

Just on the RP site - he's been pulled out. Not sure if there's an injury or it's just Meehan having a headfart.

I should have my head examined for backing one of that tools horses. And what an horrendous race the Dewhurst suddenly becomes.

Agreed, I left it for that reason. Still very poor for nobody from Meehan or the Sheikh to say anything.

What do you make of Alpine Rose's chances Betsmate - she seems quite big price on her form with Spanish Moon?

What do you make of Alpine Rose's chances Betsmate - she seems quite big price on her form with Spanish Moon?

I truely think the french horse to be on is never on sunday. trainer mentioned the champion stakes straight after the defeat by goldikova in august, and the form with vision d´etat must be pretty much good enough. I liked alpine rose´s form against spanish moon too, but the two subsequent runs arent good enough, esp. not beating lady marian by a head. NOS comes here fresh after a light campain, massive chance I hope.

I hope Silver Grecian wins - John Ryan seems to be a talented trainer who's string should be much larger than it is given the success he is having with limited resources.

Agreed, I left it for that reason. Still very poor for nobody from Meehan or the Sheikh to say anything.

Apparently there was something up on Meehan's website, but he obviously had to discuss the situation with the owner first.

"Arcano worked very well last week but since then we have not been happy with him.
"After consultation with the colt's owner we have decided to put him away for the season. He has had a great year and remained unbeaten."

I hope Silver Grecian wins - John Ryan seems to be a talented trainer who's string should be much larger than it is given the success he is having with limited resources.

I totally agree. John is very talented and is such a nice guy with it. He deserves the success and the plaudits that he is now going. His record with about 10 horses in the stable is nothing short of remarkable.

I totally agree. John is very talented and is such a nice guy with it. He deserves the success and the plaudits that he is now going. His record with about 10 horses in the stable is nothing short of remarkable.

With Arcano out he has a great chance of placing at the very least.

Regarding the Champion -

Champion Stakes special, Sky Bet:
English-trained winner: Evens
Irish-trained winner: 6/4
French-trained winner: 4/1

French-trained winner: 4/1

It will need to come up soft for Alpine Rose to get involved. Never on Sunday will have the benefit of Lemaire, but even as a fan it's not really likely he is going to be better than Fame and Glory.

I see that Ahmed Ajtebi rides Buzzword for Godolphin in the Dewhurst while Frankie is on Manhatten Fox for Meehan.

Wouldn't read anything into it. Ajtebi is very much 2nd jockey now at Godolphin and he regularly rides horses he knows well, Buzzword being one.

It will need to come up soft for Alpine Rose to get involved. Never on Sunday will have the benefit of Lemaire, but even as a fan it's not really likely he is going to be better than Fame and Glory.

Probably not in absolute terms, but I think it's a good race to take F&G on in.

Probably not in absolute terms, but I think it's a good race to take F&G on in.

Maybe, but as Never on Sunday backer I have to include him as a saver. I don't think he's a poor price by any means. I think Sariska and especially Mawatheeq give the race a betting angle if anything. The former isn't especially bad value but for a 3yo filly to win this they either have to have missed the early season classics (Alborada) or be exceptional (In the Groove and Bosra Sham)
I'm stuggling to see why Mawatheeq isn't something like 12/1. Beating Camponologist receiving weight is form on a par with Dr Freemantle who is twice the price. The latter and Pipedreamer would appeal as place bets to small stakes.

Back