Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

My first post for a whole year – since last year’s oh-so-mediocre renewal. Has just brought an enormous smile to my face. The Riccis, O’Learys and McManuses can throw their bucketloads at the sport but this is special. Never cheered a horse home so loud in a race in which I didn’t have a bet.

Last edited:
Reckon he could be shaping up for the best figure I've got for a Gold Cup winner 5.50 secs slw is bloody fast in the context of today's times. That was the first run on the chase course though

Last edited:
i got it wrong about the novice in this for sure..nothing ever got to him..incredible incredible performance

DO..you were right about djacadam..ran a blinder..got that form totally wrong

Vautour ran from 3 out faster than the Champion Chase..that is a gobsmacking performance..so i wouldn't be to keen to compare them..this is an amazing feat..i think Vautour will be producing something that will thrill us as well in the future too

lots to look forward to

In the context of what he has achieved though is astounding. Vautour is something special, but to come back after two years off and as a novice and do what he has done and keep it up all year. Is something magical. Can't wait till next year already.

Should remember too that he has front run and beaten everything at probably the hardest major course at which to do so. Kempton will suit him far more ...as we saw at xmas too

Reckon he could be shaping up for the best figure I've got for a Gold Cup winner 5.50 secs slw is bloody fast in the context of today's times. That was the first run on the chase course though

There you go DG. Also said that on C4. Astonishing on that ground

thats slower than standard DG..not faster..still fast..if it had been 5 seconds faster than standard would be a real aeroplane

when you consider that the county hurdle was 10 above..and run over far shorter..it tells you its a decent overall time. just noticed..it was 17 sec faster than the foxunters..thats immense

This is the most evenly solid run GC since Denman won..only one bit later on where he saved a bit for the finish

the first fence+ times show a finishing % from 3 out of 100%..usually for even pace its about 102/103..Denman's was 97.6%..virtually walking. last year it was 105%..the higher % the faster they are finishing

These are the lengths above or below even pace..a minus figure is faster than even pace

.............................F1–F7..... F7–F12.....F12–F18.....F18-F21....F21-FIN

2015 CONEYGREE.......-8............2.............-1...............9..............2

A brilliant ride really...after a tough opening section he has basically ridden a proper even pace mid race..no hiding place with the mid race lull we saw last year...then between 18-21 he saved enough to get home from 21-Fin in just below par in that last section..if had continued at the same pace as he did between 12-18 he wouldn't have got home..would have been walking late on..whereas with that slight easing enabled him to get from the 2nd last with enough petrol to repel the others

from fence 1 to 18..there was no let up really..thats a long way to be going without a real breather..that came 18-21..that is a crucial save by the jock..great stuff

Last edited:
Only just watched the race, but what a performance from Coneygree, he is some horse and obviously has the heart of a lion and tonnes of ability to go with it.

I was on Road To Riches personally and think he also ran a great race.

Hats off to Djakadam too who has put in a cracking performance but come up just short.

great race.

ricci/mullins will be all about vautour for this but surely djakadam deserved to be re-aimed at it also. what a run.

We need some Slim insight as to what Mullins/Ricci will do about the Vautour/Djakadam headache for next year.

Don't think Don Poli comes into this equation because of the different owners.

people say above standard as in saying slower than standard..its a bit of mis description..below standard means faster than..so you were told correct..but people then assume its faster than standard..if you see what i mean

Cony. Djakadam. Piece of **** this game

Fantastic piece of riding. Perfectly timed. Not a penny on him but screaming him to hang on at the end. A very long round of appreciative applause when he came in. Ruby Walsh looked sick walking back to the weighing room.

We need some Slim insight as to what Mullins/Ricci will do about the Vautour/Djakadam headache for next year.

Don't think Don Poli comes into this equation because of the different owners.

Even bigger Mullins headache with that one I'd imagine. Wouldn't like to upset O'Leary meself.

This race will have bottomed a few for sure and I reckon Djakadam could be one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be hoping it hasn't bottomed him first! That was a gruelling race.

I'd imagine Vautour and Djakadam will be split up until this day next year. One will go the English route via the KG and the other via the Lexus.

Back