Curragh Weekend

No need to fight, thanks for defending the horse but it's ok everyone is entitled to their opinion and I certainly wont take any offence to it. I do think though CC has a burst of speed which you saw at Newmarket and also if you watch the Derby from a sideways view you can see the horse visibly accelerate between the 3 and 2 pole. I'm hoping this is what will win him the race Sunday.

I'd happily have a Group winning/placed plodder myself - well, rather have the dam, in fact - just think it's a term which implies a distinct lack of ability which does not fit the bill here and is somewhat derogatory.

My opinion only, of course...

It's all relative though. It's like Hamm calling England shit. Obviously they're not, but they are if compared to Spain or Brazil.

Have to agree a bit of Diplomacy wouldn't have killed you Hamm especially seeing as the horse obviously isn't a plodder.

For what it's worth, I'd agree he's a plodder. I've been involved with horses on here before and they've been labelled worse than plodders by people (probably rightly so!). I'm sure Lawrie has had his horses called worse than that before and I don't see the problem with the debate myself.

Does anyone know what the hell Ballydoyle are doing with At First Sight? He is obviously a decent creature and his Derby run wasn't a fluke for me. I thought they ran him too quickly at Ascot after a tough race at Epsom and now they're running him again this weekend with Joseph O'Brien on and he appears to have no chance at the prices and jockey bookings. Why don't they save him for some soft French group 2 or 3 instead?! Presume they're planning on selling him at some point this year, probably 8/11 to end up at De Kock's in Dubai in the Winter.

Last edited:
Puttore likely to continue the good run of things for Prendergast two year olds in the first today? Tashqeel very strong in the colts maiden as well - Master Of Hounds sets a big task though.

Really like Puttore but not sure if there's much juice in the price, the form of her last race couldn't have worked out any better though and the time was very very smart.

Market seems to think so Gal - interested in Light Footsteps in that race myself, ran a good race on debut to be third to Obligada and Gatamalata who was second to Seeharn in the listed race last night whilst the fourth Act of Love won easily next time out at Down Royal, 8/1 looks a fair each-way price.

Three decent fillies there pulling away from the rest - thought the winner, Wild Wind, looked to feel the ground a bit but knuckled down well.

Chinese White gets her Group 1 win to her name. Brave effort from the Bolger filly to keep going like that. Remember When was beaten after two furlongs.

Recharge made bits of my Predertgast trixie. That Chinese White is a smashing mare. She is considered a mare now isn't she?

Front three were up there all the way - Remember When was the only one to stay on from out the back but like you say Gal her winning chance had gone very early on.

Yep Gearoid she's a mare.

Three year old fillies now look very weak, Remember When did stay on well and the front three throughout finished there though.

For all I've heard about Tashqeel, I cant help feeling Master Of Hounds will be very hard to beat today. I thought Dunboyne Express was higher up on the pecking order so Tashqeel will need to be very smart. At the prices it has to be Master Of Hounds.

I thought he was going to hack up turning for home, in fairness he did it well enough but just given a soft lead.. Big improvement from the last day and hard to know what to make of the form of both races.

Dear old Des did me a favour in the last race calling Admiral Barry -Diego Garcia allowing me to lay off at 1.32.How much longer do we have to put up with a man who isn't motivated.

What's this Bolger colt in the Railway? Ordinary pedigree, will need to run to at least 105 but is making it's debut. This cannot be a 5/1 chance surely?

Back